• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get some white/clear discs to do some real multicolor dyes. I have a white star teebird but can't decide what to do.

Did this fuse over the past day. My wife helped me pick the colors. There's black, and neon pink/fuchsia, and royal blue, and sunshine orange. Gotta love that opto plastic.
IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

Last edited:
This challenge was not for a seasoned veteran like you lopan. I'm trying to get all the new dyers to begin to step it up. I was doing big multi color dyes by my 5th dye.

Oh ya beautiful dyes. Must look great flying

Just one disc. Couldn't decide which picture I liked better. Its on ice now. Can't wait to see it in the air.
Inspired by this sauce dish at the chinese supermarket...
IMAG0153.jpg

Last edited:
I am issuing a challenge to all ypu single color dyers out there. Step out of your comfort zone and produce us a 5 color dye. Time to step it up!

Well, I don't think I have much of a comfort zone because I have only completed 5 stencils so far, of which only 1 is multicolor (2 colors). Of those 5, 1 was my test disc, 1 was a commisioned piece, 2 were for my wife, and 1 for my son (They searched for and picked out what they wanted). However, I will be attempting a few more elaborate pieces and give a 5 color dye a try!. I plan on trying some painting techniques too!

Last edited:
Haven't seen anything extraordinary from NoThingness in awhile. Maybe he should dust off the razor and post some 5+ color dyes as well. I am only have 1 white disc, so I'll have min up in a week or less.

Haven't seen anything extraordinary from NoThingness in awhile. Maybe he should dust off the razor and post some 5+ color dyes as well. I am only have 1 white disc, so I'll have min up in a week or less.

My only white disc is R-Pro plastic... :doh: I better go buy something new... :thmbup:

Lol, you can just have the vector I made and play around with it if you want :D
It's in the google docs account, titled "circle blossom.eps"

got one in my hand, so guess I'll post this... premium clear Midari which I'm starting to really like
IMG_1923_1.jpg

I accept your challenge. I must finish a pile of commissions first but my next dye for myself will be a 5 color dye

This is the Greatest thread ever!

Nicely done Yawp, great detail. Luv how you dyed the white ;).

LoPan that's a beauty, shuffling the colors added more depth than the original.

And NoThingness, this disc is um... extraordinary! All those concentric circles hand cut, your skills always amaze me.

snakes1.jpg

I am issuing a challenge to all ypu single color dyers out there. Step out of your comfort zone and produce us a 5 color dye. Time to step it up!

I've been dying for awhile, and have only done maybe 3 colors at once.

I accept your challenge (you asked me awhile back to step outside my comfort zone) and hopefully the results will please the masses...

I've been dying for awhile, and have only done maybe 3 colors at once.

I accept your challenge (you asked me awhile back to step outside my comfort zone) and hopefully the results will please the masses...

This is what I like to see!!!! I'm not trying to be an ass when I issued the challenge. I am trying to push people into doing more elaborate pieces that encourages us all to keep pumping out top quality pieces. Many of the single color dyes are well done but do not have the wow factor the would have had they been done full color

This is what I like to see!!!! I'm not trying to be an ass when I issued the challenge. I am trying to push people into doing more elaborate pieces that encourages us all to keep pumping out top quality pieces. Many of the single color dyes are well done but do not have the wow factor the would have had they been done full color

I did not think that you were being an a$$ at all.

*rubbing hands together with a malicious look, waiting for payday to go buy white star discs so I can back up my acceptance of the challenge*

I need to get some white/clear discs to do some real multicolor dyes. I have a white star teebird but can't decide what to do.

This might sound dumb, but I had a neat idea for a disc.

How about a: 0x (Your Name) World Champion Disc...

I am all about the funny...I think I would show it off..."Yep...that is MY SIGNATURE disc..." lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts