• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few for a buddy, don't give me grief about, "oh that trademarked or copywritten." It's a dye not a stamp, easy to spot the differences.

i put the Augusta stamp on a glow eagle for Frank Delicious. we told everyone that it was a glow augusta champ wraith online. i'm sure they still believe it.

this weekend's project.... star stingray .... rainbow stamps suck
sk1.jpg

Another very nice paint job, the shading in the skull really adds dimension to the disc!

A few for a buddy, don't give me grief about, "oh that trademarked or copywritten." It's a dye not a stamp, easy to spot the differences.
youre right, the small lettering is filled in, nice job though
this weekend's project.... star stingray .... rainbow stamps suck
sk1.jpg
nice tat on the skulls forehead
i put the Augusta stamp on a glow eagle for Frank Delicious. we told everyone that it was a glow augusta champ wraith online. i'm sure they still believe it.
trickeration
Cryptopsy used to be good...

IMG01800-20111001-2118.jpg
huh?

Does anyone know what the difference is between these 2 boxes of rit? Is the 'black 15' on the right the same as regular black powder? I found a bunch of the '15' stuff at my local grocery store and it has lot numbers of 07 and 08, but I've never seen it before and have not tried it yet. Anyone used this stuff?
DSCF0001.jpg

back to the whole acetone/powder mix eating through vinyl. I have also experienced this on a test disc i use for trying things before i do it on a good disc. i have a solution to this problem. i have a type of high tack tape that looks like aluminum. the acetone won't dissolve it and ruin your mask. the only thing is, its probably a bit expensive. i found some laying around work and wanted to try it out. also, i haven't seen it in rolls big enough to cover an entire disc so you would have to cut areas out by hand and be real careful not to make a mess on the rest of the disc.

I realize how amateurish these are compared to the amazing work you guys are doing but they were my first 3 attempts so I thought I better immortalize em here. I plan on getting a lot better at dyeing and playing since I'm new to both! :)
odb dye.jpg
KC Pro Max Weight ROC

hst dye.jpg
Champ Beast

barbie dye.jpg
My wife's Buzzz

first dye

I'm hooked lol

learned a few things (mostly duh things)

1. I had issues with bleeds because I did not use transfer tape so had trouble getting the vinyl to lay out right (this I knew would happen just didn't care enough to fix it)
2. straight lines are hard..
3. I heart the 360 swivel exacto knife
4. that oracal vinyl is sticky as all get out!

I'll be adding a scarlet marble effect to this sometime this week as well

2dhiptu.jpg

glow flx buzz

Last edited:
Lots of dots!

picture.php

The idea of weeding this disc causes me extreme pain! Pat some of the stuff you do is really pretty insane, another fine example.

Hyzer love the adaptation, and it looks great on the green carpet!

Nice to see a couple of new dyers back to back, nice dyes both. I especially like the Hunter beast, a great image! Welcome to your new addiction ;)

I was looking through some of the early pages of this thread and was DISMAYED at how many pics are no longer available :(

Where did they go???

I want my EYE CANDY FIX!!! (and yeah, I know about the "world's sexiest woman" thread :D )

I can't take all the credit, it was a combined thinking effort at work... and a final what if moment that i sent to Yawpstang, he made it come to life!
I am always the one going the wrong way on the mando holes... BOOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.