• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knocked this one out for my own bag last night. I've been dyeing so much lately that I wanted to get one done for myself, I've been enjoying this Star Mako for a few weeks and it needed some pizazzzz.
Houndstooth pattern and the script "A", both are tied to Univ of Alabama football before you ask :D
Got a lot of compliments today from the crew at River Chase -- nothing like throwing discs on a ball golf course!

5382393270_d718ac0fe4.jpg

Knocked this one out for my own bag last night. I've been dyeing so much lately that I wanted to get one done for myself, I've been enjoying this Star Mako for a few weeks and it needed some pizazzzz.
Houndstooth pattern and the script "A", both are tied to Univ of Alabama football before you ask :D
Got a lot of compliments today from the crew at River Chase -- nothing like throwing discs on a ball golf course!

5382393270_d718ac0fe4.jpg

very nice for being hand cut

very nice for being hand cut

It would've been, but this was plotter'd.
I finished the Crimson last night but left most of the vinyl on to show my friends how long it takes to weed a mask like this. We drove to River Chase in Union SC -- it's a ball golf course that recently installed disc golf tees baskets -- which took an hour and change.
I had already removed a third before the trip started, and it still took us the entire length of the trip right up to the parking lot, and everyone but the car driver got a chance to pull of some vinyl.
Now if I can just figure out a way for them to weed ALL my vinyl......all the time......:D

keysleopard.jpg

Black Keys bleed city. It ended up being an experiment with color once the I realized how many lines were blown. Ah well.....the good with the bad.

Hi all,

I've gotten a lot of knowledge from this forum as I'm learning to dye, so I thought I'd start posting my results, and maybe what I've learned as I've gone along. I'll start with the latest. This is a pink Champ Katana. Sunburst rays are scarlett and figure is black. I'm using the basic powder/water mix with hot bath method. Was nice and pretty when i finished last week, but took a beating this weekend. I should have taken the pic first!

I wanted the dyed red color to be the main sunburst, but in hindsight, I think it would have come out better if I'd let the pink negative space be the sunbust and the red be the sky. The red, even though I went short for the "candy" look, is a bit dark to be the black figure's background. Overall still pleased with how it came out.

picture.php

Hi all,

I've gotten a lot of knowledge from this forum as I'm learning to dye, so I thought I'd start posting my results, and maybe what I've learned as I've gone along. I'll start with the latest. This is a pink Champ Katana. Sunburst rays are scarlett and figure is black. I'm using the basic powder/water mix with hot bath method. Was nice and pretty when i finished last week, but took a beating this weekend. I should have taken the pic first!

I wanted the dyed red color to be the main sunburst, but in hindsight, I think it would have come out better if I'd let the pink negative space be the sunbust and the red be the sky. The red, even though I went short for the "candy" look, is a bit dark to be the black figure's background. Overall still pleased with how it came out.

picture.php

Killer first post! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts