• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick one last night
IMAG0302.jpg

Thx, saw this somewhere, certainly is counter-intuitive but if it works...:D

mixing 1oz liquid rit, 1oz water(intuition says this will dilute the dye mix but Actually it is essential for activation) and about 4oz of shaving cream

Here's my first four dyes...

2011-03-06011551-1-1.jpg

This was my very first one. I done it about a month ago. I couldn't find any contact paper but my friend told me that electric tape would work just as good, hence the lines in the disc. Star Katana

2011-03-06041825-1-1.jpg

"Creeper"
My 2nd. I found the contact paper for this one. I didn't take my time with it though. Surge SS Z

2011-04-02235506-1.jpg

Done this one about 2 weeks ago. Didn't spend to much time one this one either. First run Nuke Z.

2011-04-03003326-1.jpg

"Blue"
I did this one tonight. I finally took my time on it, about 3 hours. It's my favorite disc and it's blue. Hence the classic Will Ferrell quote and the character from Old School. My favorite by far. Buzzz Z

Thx, saw this somewhere, certainly is counter-intuitive but if it works...:D

mixing 1oz liquid rit, 1oz water(intuition says this will dilute the dye mix but Actually it is essential for activation) and about 4oz of shaving cream

LOL, that was me. Good to know I am using the same mix as the sc master.

Avarice and Fear

Avarice

Star TL, my second dye. You can't really see it from the picture, but it has a "mottle" effect (I had a better word for mottle, but can't remember)
It is achieved by covering the entire disc with a layer of Vaseline/petroleum jelly before you put it in the dye. The dye will dissolve the jelly, giving the marbled/mottled effect. This one I left in the dye too long, so it is not as pronounced.

Fear

Star Mako, my first dye. Basic dye here, nothing special. Been trying to think of an effect to try on this one, possibly a yellow ghost dye marbling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts