• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always tough to follow a Dan Howard dye, but somebody's gotta do it.

NINLogo.jpg

Yeah, I'm a plotter man. Although this really wouldn't be that tough to do by hand.

This was a commissioned job on a Star Firebird for a buddy of mine.

Sweet Nails dye, Flamble! NIN is a remarkable show when they do their lightshow/LED effects. Reminded me of one of my first dyes, a long gone Champ Beast that was in my brother's bag for a few years and that glowing sharp contrast was easy to find anywhere in the woods(until it was lost, in the woods...:().

5615160538_e5d1defe2b_z.jpg

5614583657_1d50b126cd_z.jpg

first candy Star Katana:
candy_rsz.jpg

Snowflake Champ Beast:
snowfl_rsz.jpg

and while I was weeding the snowflake I was heating dye a bit and forgot I had a mini in it :doh: :
mini_rsz.jpg

glad it was only a mini I boiled. The color turned out pretty sweet.

you and your plotter, quit yakking cuz' i wanna see more like the last!

More like which last?
So, this one looks nice and simple and handcut right? Well, actually, I spent the better part of a night "drawing" this from a 100x150 pixel image in illustrator...which is a lot harder than I would have first thought! But now I feel more comfortable in it and messing with anchors and paths and whatnot, so it as a useful dye. And it's Da Bob-Omb!! :p Also, I had to keep most of the shiny rainbow stamp..
IMAG0026.jpg

More like which last?
So, this one looks nice and simple and handcut right? Well, actually, I spent the better part of a night "drawing" this from a 100x150 pixel image in illustrator...which is a lot harder than I would have first thought! But now I feel more comfortable in it and messing with anchors and paths and whatnot, so it as a useful dye. And it's Da Bob-Omb!! :p Also, I had to keep most of the shiny rainbow stamp..
IMAG0026.jpg
The pen tool still eludes me.

I wish I had a plotter so I could make silly sick dyes... nah, lazy bleeds into everything. No matter what equipment you have...

The pen tool still eludes me.

After two differen't sessions with it, and several frustrating hours in each one...I'm starting to grasp it's workings...I might even try to make something from scratch soon :eek:
Hey Peebz, how'd that interview go? We missed ya at shore acres!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts