• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome job Junkie, was your Eddie disc also done without a plotter?

Yes, both were hand cut.

Much respect to the fellow hand cutter!!!!:thmbup::thmbup:

I would not of been impressed had this been done by a plotter but knowing this was hand cut make this disc INCREDIBLE and its only a single color. did you draw the maze yourself?

I WISH! Now THAT I don't have the patience to do :)

DrenalinJunkie That maze is fabulous. Excellent blade work. I love it.

Thank you......... and also thanks to everyone who commented on it. I do not see me doing another one UNLESS this one gets lost or I am getting paid to do it :thmbup:

Finished my Stained glass Xcaliber today. It should be for sale in a retail store next week.
110723_142348.jpg

My first remasking job with multicolors. It's 4 colors + two shadings of the green
110723_142412.jpg

Finally figured out to make a little handle out of tape when I dye the underside rim.

Had a couple mishaps doing this one, but it came out alright. Some people might disagree with putting Star Wars on a Star Vulcan, but oh well
110723_191442.jpg

That maze is amazing! Even with a plotter, that would have been a chore to mask and weed, but to do it by hand, you have to have zen-like patience and composure. Bravo!

Wow first post ;) There are no terrible dyes...
Nice job on the portraits and the captain america, nice crisp lines. Tonight I'm anti-line, playing with the plastic bags :)
mIoncrnklesDSC_8447.jpg

Don't really like the yellow and green, I'm thinkin' adding some lines could help, something like this maybe...

Attachments

• m Ion crnkle with rat sDSC_8447.JPG
    m Ion crnkle with rat sDSC_8447.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
IT IS "Dye a Day".. NOT "I did this Dye a Day".. there have been other dyes from friends on here.. All cool dyes are welcome. the Captain America shield has been done a lot, not to many portraits though.
Very Excellent work, Dan! I think the adding the mouse or anything small always adds to your art. :)

For whatever reason, all phases of this dye did not want to cooperate. I had a hard time removing the stamp and then had some serious bleeding around some of the stamped areas. I used some shaving cream marbling to cover the bleeds, which it did. However, the marbling did not turn out as expected. I used scarlet, orchid, and tangerine for the marbling. Orchid cannot be seen at all and the tangerine seems to be indistinguishable from the lighter scarlet areas. I am not sure if I the scarlet was too vibrant and overpowered the other two colors. I may have swirled them around/together too much. Overall, the disc looks ok but was not exactly what I was going for.

It is a an ESP Comet (started out bright yellow).

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts