• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I3ooI3oo, that background has some great texture. Did you do something special to get that effect?

Another Boba Fett with a quick background.

2011-07-25105301.jpg

Freaking awesome...the background makes the disc look like a planet backdrop...very nice.

Rainy weekend, so I finally got caught up on some dyes I've been wanting to do.

xboRil.jpg

Swollen Members / Battle Axe Warriors logo on a Viking

CRWqnl.jpg

Night and day graphic on a Starfire

CAa70l.jpg

Riddick on a Starfire

paPrPl.jpg

Star Destroyer on a Star Destroyer

cVTghl.jpg

Rockstar can on a Star Roc

Let this be a lesson to me. NO crappy Wal-Mart contact paper.

I liked the idea, but not the execution. Star Vulcan.

Attachments

• vulcan.jpg
    vulcan.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 75
For whatever reason, all phases of this dye did not want to cooperate. I had a hard time removing the stamp and then had some serious bleeding around some of the stamped areas. I used some shaving cream marbling to cover the bleeds, which it did. However, the marbling did not turn out as expected. I used scarlet, orchid, and tangerine for the marbling. Orchid cannot be seen at all and the tangerine seems to be indistinguishable from the lighter scarlet areas. I am not sure if I the scarlet was too vibrant and overpowered the other two colors. I may have swirled them around/together too much. Overall, the disc looks ok but was not exactly what I was going for.

It is a an ESP Comet (started out bright yellow).

That's a lot of complaining for a pretty sweet looking dye. :)

Did this for a partner

Attachments

• Mario.jpg
    Mario.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 39
Love that Star Destroyer. I finished these two dyes today. I used crappy clear contact paper from Wal-Mart as well. I liked the white fine, but got the clear this time thinking it would be easier, but it has its own set of problems.
Avenger SS-got the colors backwards and the shading didn't work as well as I wanted.
110725_181150.jpg

This one will go in the cool combinations thread as well, due to it being an Archon. Again, still figuring out the shading techniques, and had a few bleeds and spots where the masking curled up and off.
110725_181113.jpg

Both are for a local pro shop, and I had wanted to do better for a retail showcasing.

Wow first post ;) There are no terrible dyes...
Nice job on the portraits and the captain america, nice crisp lines. Tonight I'm anti-line, playing with the plastic bags
mIoncrnklesDSC_8447.jpg

Don't really like the yellow and green, I'm thinkin' adding some lines could help, something like this maybe...

Dan - Don't do a thing to it. Looks a lot like my first multi-color texture dye, my favorite ESP Buzzz. The luck I've had trying to carve my way to a personal pot-o-gold with this rainbow stroke-saver is irreplaceable.
There are lots of Buzzzes but this one is mine, SIR
4004680649_8a88442543.jpg

Still holds a lot of that original color too, this is from a few months back on a wall-o-Buzzz, next to the Dirk the Daring FAIL:
5492387408_6ecb3a335a_z.jpg

Finished this one last night, Smooth Troopa on a bottom-stamped Star Destroyer:
5972576792_ba94f1b583_z.jpg

Props on the Dirk dye, may have been a failure job but nice choice of content, I remember when I first played that game in the arcade.

lmao, you don't wanna know how many quarters Dragons Lair got from me!

Nice Buzzz wall Bennett, I didn't remember that rainbow crinkle but should have, glad to hear it works so well for ya. I'll probably leave that Ion the way it is, I like it. If I only putted w/ an Ion... cheap pro challengers work for me, the only disc in my bag not dyed.

Speaking of Pot o Gold, those early morning rounds last week paid off, finished last cash in pro GM saturday, my first pro cash! It was an unsanctioned local tourney, only 11 in my group, but that doesn't matter to me :D.

Here's a Valkyrie I did for my wife. You can't see it, but the eyes are red- her bird is a devil, I swear.

T8Cs8.jpg

Just tossed this one in the freezer to set the dye, turned out pretty good for a rookie.

Parallel lines in the half circles were a challenge.

Kaneda.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts