• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
awsome dye!!!

you got my attention glassman :thmbup:...how much would you sell one for?

Last edited:
Got the Nuke SS for this Commission Dye today and finished it tonight. Not what I'd want, but it came out alright. I think I'm getting better with text.
110903_015648.jpg

dan, thanks for your inspiration. I tried the marbling on this Star Katana. It was pretty ugly before the dye. Stupid bad sharpie art. This covered up most of the front side. Either way. Hope you all like!!

BTW, start 'em young!!!!

Attachments

• Pimp.jpg
    Pimp.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 99
  • Pimp1.jpg
    Pimp1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 63
Nowski, egarnaat, and razorsmith, those are some great dyes. :thmbup:

McLovin,

Can I ask what you are using to gut those circular lines so well (especially when you are spacing them)?

I've been using an all purpose compass to hold a swivel head Xacto but the blade wants to walk badly.

I just spent the money on a plotter. I know its almost cheating but i cant draw to save my life.

If you are not a dyer but come here regularly to check out the cool art these people are putting on discs please consider a single disc donation to the Okthrowberfest. This is a great opportunity for you to reward them for all their hard work. Details here.

Hyzer that's some sweet blue marbling :hfive:! I think that is the color I struggle with the most.

Egarnaat luv that disc but don't like that I can't see your dye album w/o joining another DG site.

And Mshelton, there are several ways to get the nice circles w/o a plotter. Cheapest is using plates and pot lids. Exacto makes a circle cutter that's good to about 6 3/4", more expensive ones will cut to the edge of a Buzzz (8 1/2").

Hyzer that's some sweet blue marbling :hfive:! I think that is the color I struggle with the most.

Egarnaat luv that disc but don't like that I can't see your dye album w/o joining another DG site.

And Mshelton, there are several ways to get the nice circles w/o a plotter. Cheapest is using plates and pot lids. Exacto makes a circle cutter that's good to about 6 3/4", more expensive ones will cut to the edge of a Buzzz (8 1/2").

I picked up a circle cutter off ebay for $5 that extends to 12". So this can even work on superclass discs.

Thanks for the circle cutter information guys, I didn't know such a tool existed.

Latest dye, I had a complex (for me) stained glass lay out in mind but knew this would be a thrower so I wanted something I could find easier. Simple dye, the blue was last and as I put it on the dog had jumped the back fence and was stirring up the neighborhood so the disc got left in the pan with the heat on the lowest setting, came out a wee bit darker than I wanted and with the bubble effect, although the bubble thing is starting to grow on me, kinda like stars.

IMG_0231.jpg

Thanks for the circle cutter information guys, I didn't know such a tool existed.

Latest dye, I had a complex (for me) stained glass lay out in mind but knew this would be a thrower so I wanted something I could find easier. Simple dye, the blue was last and as I put it on the dog had jumped the back fence and was stirring up the neighborhood so the disc got left in the pan with the heat on the lowest setting, came out a wee bit darker than I wanted and with the bubble effect, although the bubble thing is starting to grow on me, kinda like stars.

IMG_0231.jpg

What Lat 64 disc is that? Nice dye

Status
Not open for further replies.