• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro Katana by request for KyleS
KSprokatanathundercats-1.jpg

Kyle: glad you like it. SirRaph and Doupie: thanks =). It is much more red in person (red flame marbling on a neon yellow disc) I must confess... I had no idea what a thundercat or eye of thunderia was until I googled it to find an image.

Is that Thundercats red and orange in the marble?

It's just scarlet liquid rit with shaving cream and it sat for about 12 hours. The disc itself is bright neon yellow/chartreuse. The black logo is a 20 minute dip in black rit powder/water.
side note: I like to do the marbling on the entire disc as the first step rather than adding the marbling after the stencil. This allows me to position the stencil so the 'best parts' of the marbling show through in the final product. The down side to that method, though, is that some of the marble dye gets 'lifted' off of the plastic by the vinyl. It's a trade off, but worth considering when deciding how to execute a stencil/marble combo.

I like to do the marbling on the entire disc as the first step rather than adding the marbling after the stencil. This allows me to position the stencil so the 'best parts' of the marbling show through in the final product. The down side to that method, though, is that some of the marble dye gets 'lifted' off of the plastic by the vinyl. It's a trade off, but worth considering when deciding how to execute a stencil/marble combo.

That's a great tip.

^^^I wouldn't recommend that. I stopped because the heat and transfer make the marble fuzz really fast, like within a month or two.

Thanks for all the info NorthernDisc and DyeingToPlay. I just started tring the marbling and this will really help

Here's some of the stuff I have been working on lately. It's an order for Altitudediscgolf.com.
Glow Z Nuke
f3vzmt.jpg

Cryztal Z Buzzz
2pspv0l.jpg

Legacy Rampage
6s6p01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.