• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Elusive Ace

I think this is fitting for this thread. Me and my friend have been playing almost 2 years and neither one of us has an ace. Today we are on hole 7 of our local course. It's a 215 foot hole with a mando. He misses the mando on his first throw. Then on his re tee he hits an ace. We know it's scored as a 3 but we don't know whether he gets to count it as his first ace. lol. An ace for par.

Technically not an ace, since an ace is a score of 1. Still, I would celebrate anytime I sink chains off the tee, even if it is a re-tee.

aces are cool for people they bogey every hole, but if you birdie stuff it hardly matters, especially on short holes. everyones so happy to put their katana in on the wide open 197 footer.. but its usually a pretty lame shot.

heres a good lesson on how to not care about aces:

aces are cool for people they bogey every hole, but if you birdie stuff it hardly matters, especially on short holes. everyones so happy to put their katana in on the wide open 197 footer.. but its usually a pretty lame shot.

heres a good lesson on how to not care about aces:

Lay up = really good finish at Worlds
Ace = 3x world champion

I know, I know, there was a lot of other shots that contributed to his win.

Edit, same could be said about Climo's 14th