• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Force

I have a 175 ESP Force that I think is breaking in nicely. Very consitent if you need the shot to come back left (RHBH). For me it needs a lot of room to go far but when it does...woooo, I outdrive any of my other drivers. Definitely takes a serious arm to throw though

I bought a force as well because I already throw Flicks which are rated more overstable than the Force. Flick being 2.5 and the Force 2.0 but the Force is more overstable than my Flicks! I was hoping the Force would be more like a cross between a Surge and a Flick, but its like a Flick on steroids. But im gonna wait till I break it in before I give it a final grade.

Stability is relative to speed. Thats the big difference.

To the OP, speed doesn't equal distance. There are many more factors to it than that. If you can't throw like a pro, don't expect the pro's discs to fly the same for you.

I have two First Run ESP Forces in my bag...and about 30 in the trunk of my car...but the two in the bag are a 171G that is broken in nicely and is my go to driver for most shots. I have a 167G one that is broken in much more and it is an uphill driver, downwind driver, and a straight headwind backhand roller. I used to use both as forehand discs until they broke in properly and started getting squirrely forehand..then they were perfect seasoned for backhand. The First Run Forces in my car that aren't properly broken in are more overstable than my Predators and won't see my tournament bag for quite some time.

I throw flat and hard when I want the disc to jog right for about 150 feet...straighten the rest of the way and finish with a small predictable fade. I hyzer according to headwind or if I'm giving it all I got. The only thing I don't like about a Force is...if you show the lip a little wind...it will continue to turn over. It's not the 12 oclock headwinds I fear with a Force..it is those 9-11 o'clock crosswinds that will confuse you about the Forces stability. For those, I throw a Predator.

Also understand that Cale can throw like a mofo.

Stability is relative to speed. Thats the big difference.

To the OP, speed doesn't equal distance. There are many more factors to it than that. If you can't throw like a pro, don't expect the pro's discs to fly the same for you.
This is really the key guys. A big bomb driver like the Force needs to get up to its intended cruise speed in order for it to perform the way its intended. If you can't get it up to that speed, its gonna hyzer out before its time is due, and you're not going to get that extra D its description promises.

Simple solution: Opt for a slower disc.

I dont really care for the Force. I guess I just dont have the arm for it. It is way to overstable for me. No matter what I do it comes screaming back hard left. I dont much care for it as a forehand driver either. It works for some, I just cant get the hang of it.

Latest posts