• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Games of Disc Golf

And I don't think this was mentioned, but I got bored one day when I couldn't play and made this game up. It's similar to one of the games you posted, but I don't think it is the same. It's a good way to practice the short range game.

Goal:
Stroke play (the goal is to shoot the lowest score)

Rules:
1) You have to use each basket and tee once and only once.
2) (Optional) you cannot throw from a corresponding tee to basket (you can't throw from hole 2's tee to hole 2's basket, hole 5's tee to hole 5's basket, etc.)
3) You choose which basket to play from which tee.

Strategy: When choosing your combinations you want to maximize the easy shots, but minimize the hard shots.

On many courses, this is as easy as playing 2's tee to 1's basket, 3's tee to 2's basket, and it essentially becomes a long walk interrupted with putting. However, on the poorly designed courses this is a great way to make the course more interesting, because some holes you will simply play N's tee to N-1's basket, but on others it would make more sense to play other combos.

Then there is the hard version of that where you have to come up with the longest possible course and see how well you can do (for the masochists out there). You might end up playing the course over a couple of days though, or over a couple weeks if you go the hospital because you tried to play too much in one day.

Last edited:

Latest posts