• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

It's not an assumption; he SAID so in his announcement that he was switching. There's a copy of that announcement somewhere back in this thread, if you want to read it.

Yeah because I'm sure he would come out and say, none of my teammates really liked me.

I believe his comment about Trilogy discs was just an excuse. His real reason for switching (and he said so in the same paragraph of his statement) was he didn't like his Trilogy teammates.

He didn't say that in his statement. He said... "I didn't quite fit in with the rest of the team all that well".

Also, his exact quote regarding DD plastic was... "The DD discs didn't quite jive with what I needed/would like to see for my power".

Lol....maybe his comment about not fitting well with the team is the excuse, and his REAL reason for switching is the discs XDDD

It's not an assumption; he SAID so in his announcement that he was switching. There's a copy of that announcement somewhere back in this thread, if you want to read it.

I took it as Roadtripstuff insinuating that it was the Trilogy teammates that didn't like Drew rather than Drew not liking them. Regardless of the direction of dislike, he was uncomfortable on Team DD and didn't fit in there. That much we know. The announcement you're referencing in which Drew both blamed the discs and mentioned not fitting in with his teammates wasn't Drews best (nor his worst) PR move. Felt like an odd way to outsource the blame and not take ownership for his not living up to expectations while sponsored by DD. The lame excuses do not change the fact that he was played great this weekend and could very well have another great showing at the memorial.

I don't love the way Gibson carries himself on social media, but there is no denying that the move back to Innova has been positive for his on the course game up to this point.

Nikko testing some Gateway:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfbRsE2AnLa/?taken-by=gatewaydiscsports

Also along with those Wizards, looks like he was bagging at least one other Gateway disc (I'm assuming based on the stamp). Maybe a Demon or Warrior? https://youtu.be/wy5s0acAPKU?t=5m35s

attachment.php

Attachments

• Grateful Dead stamp.JPG
    Grateful Dead stamp.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 754
I saw a post from Dom at Gateway referencing the Spirit, Speed Demon and Prophecy. I bet that Grateful Dead disc is a Firebird though

I dunno. Discmania has a pretty good reputation of holding onto their pros (with Eric O being the exception to the rule). I cant imagine him jumping ship mid-contract at least. DM does a pretty good job of promoting him.

Nate Perkins seems to be spending a ton of time with the DD team.

I dunno. Discmania has a pretty good reputation of holding onto their pros (with Eric O being the exception to the rule). I cant imagine him jumping ship mid-contract at least. DM does a pretty good job of promoting him.

THAT'S because of where Nate lives (close to several Team DD members), and because he's a great guy with a positive outlook and engaging personality. While I am sure DD would be excited to have him, I don't see him leaving his current sponsor as long as both sides are good with their arrangement. And I know personally that it's good from Nate's side.

Fyi, Eric O was not a Team Discmania member before joining Team DD. He worked for Discmania as an employee. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124009

Thanks. I was going to say something along those lines and afaik part of the break up was because he wanted to pursue pro dg career more while the company had not hired him exactly for that.