• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

dehaas

* Ace Member *
Drew sure didn't waste any time…dunno if he's switching anything up based on the tags, but him and Uli were tight this weekend…

Discuss…

Attachments

• 71B9ECFF-2456-438F-B2D1-B812E7FA0083.jpg
    71B9ECFF-2456-438F-B2D1-B812E7FA0083.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 347
The money in DG must be a lot bigger than I thought.

Multi year could be something silly like 10 years and totally dilute the yearly amount. He did mention multi million though…so not necessarily something like 10 years and 1 mil just for the sake of saying he landed a 1 mil contract.

Not saying it's impossible to swing with a combination of mixed bag deals, but for that kind of dough you'd almost have to think he's signing with DC…especially since he's been carving up the wooded courses with buzzzes lately.

If it's a true mixed bag deal I think it'd have to be with Infinite more of a promotion of their website as opposed to their actual discs since they still carry all manufacturers. I want to think he was locked into a couple years with EV7 but if something bigger and better came along anything is possible.

Drew throws a really nice mid range. He hit several long putts, I think he's ranked about right. That implies multi million dollar contracts for the top 20 or so?

I like Drew, but don't see him making waves at the upper echelon.

I hesitate to comment. I don't want to be negative towards Drew. I'm commenting on the money in DG. Apparently there is more than I thought.

Watching OTB Tour Skins and Madison Walker was throwing a Latitude 64 Royal Trust. Came here to see if this thread had been created yet and ask if anyone knows about her move?

Edit: never mind looks like she went unsponsored for 2021.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Drew.jpg
    Drew.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,596
AFAIK Drew wasn't known for putting previously. Now he's deadly with the putter. It seems switching putters to EV7 improved his putting (confidence) hugely (or maybe only provided enough motivation for putting practice).

Furthermore, he's taking a minimalistic approach with his bag. I don't know how many discs he bags, but he throws the same ones all the time.

IMO these are very interesting things.

If this is tru, how is this going to work. . .Innova makes Infinites disc...no way Innova is going to make a line for Drew that is his for life

If this is tru, how is this going to work. . .Innova makes Infinites disc...no way Innova is going to make a line for Drew that is his for life

He didn't necessarily say the disc line was produced by Infinite. Could be a sales agreement…discs could be made by somebody else…EV7 cough cough…and Infinite will be the exclusive retailer of those discs.

Sure EV-7 now got a line with Drews name on it, but hard to see EV-7 making a complete line of faster discs

He didn't necessarily say the disc line was produced by Infinite. Could be a sales agreement…discs could be made by somebody else…EV7 cough cough…and Infinite will be the exclusive retailer of those discs.

I think this is the most likely scenario.

Good way for innova to sell discs that get coverage without having to pay the sponsorship.

The big talk about professionals designing their own discs has essentially boiled down to them renaming molds (wysocki grenade taking over for the whale) or recycling old/retired molds (mcbeth renaming the kong which already existed). Not saying they haven't or can't provide input or tweak things, but it has seemed far from disc golfers heading to the lab and carving a brand new frisbee out of clay.

Alas, I would guess Gibson will do the same and rename something existing, bring a mold out of retirement or, at most, tweak something in a minor way to make it seem fresh.

Cool if he gets a big hold of creating new discs, but hard to envision.

Unrelated, but seems like Disc tech has stalled out big time. Not too much hitting the shelves in the way of unique flights or feels. Even newly designed discs from brand new companies have counterparts that are close to equivalent if not exactly clones.

(mcbeth renaming the kong which already existed)
I think the Kong was a disc designed for Paul, he signed before it was approved. I think the name change was purely based on the fact that there were flying discs made by the dog toy company KONG already and there was a problem with that.