• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, when did this thread turn into "Which world champs surprised you over the past 2 decades?" Can't we get back to demeaning Dynamic Discs?

Speaking of which: Perkins to DD would make a lot of sense. ;)

No

Avery WAS a week in and week out top 5 player from 2005 through 2010. Not just in 2009 when he won the title.

Nope. Avery was a legit top-5 guy. There was no surprise factor when he won. He had won NT's, won a Players Cup, and had a lot of top 5 finishes in NT's and majors. He was somebody you expected to win eventually. McCabe had also won a Player Cup when it was a major, but that win was also a surprise as he had no NT wins and wasn't consistently a contender. They were not really considered on the same level until McCabe won his World's. In retrospect their careers look somewhat similar (one Worlds, one Players Cup, success drops off after winning World's as they transition into a brand ambassador) but at the time Jenkins was considered on a different level.

Cam Todd, Eric McCabe and Gregg Barsby are really the only players that caught me by surprise when they won. Maybe Doss the first time he won as I'm not sure I was really aware of him before he won, but in retrospect if his win was a surprise to me in '05 it was because I'm dumb. The other one-time winners since I've been following disc golf were Ron Russell, Dave Feldberg and Avery Jenkins and none of those guys were really a surprise. I mean, other than the fact that ANYBODY other than Climo won in '99 was a surprise. If somebody was going to beat him, Russell would have been high on the list of candidates.

Thanks for the correction! It has always surprised me that Feldberg was only a one-time winner and that Anthon and Nikko never got one.

Jeez, when did this thread turn into "Which world champs surprised you over the past 2 decades?" Can't we get back to demeaning Dynamic Discs?

Speaking of which: Perkins to DD would make a lot of sense. ;)
I mean other than Waco he never seems to contend, so he would fit in with the DD men's team. :|

Furthermore, is Jeff married? If so, his career's already as good as over. If not, then he'd best keep it that way if he doesn't want the swift decline of someone like Paul McB-

Oh, nevermind.

Sure, it's a thread drift, but I thought some of that information that came out of it was really good. So forgive it as the tracks merge again and we get back to discussing who will make the best bid for Lloyd Weema's endorsement.... ;)

I think it may be a relatively quiet transfer season. Conrad and Vinny clearly are hot commodities; both are Star Team members. And, with Holly Finley being the FPO team captain for Innova, for the sake of equity, she likely also belongs on Star Team. So, either a person is dropped, or they expand the team by one slot.

It makes sense for the Trilogy group to recruit one of these two to strengthen their lineup. After last year's frantic moves, Trilogy may feel the need to get that sort of tier 1 echelon player back into the mix.

Sure, it's a thread drift, but I thought some of that information that came out of it was really good. So forgive it as the tracks merge again and we get back to discussing who will make the best bid for Lloyd Weema's endorsement.... ;)

Lloyd is no more unless he hits that 900 mark.

The other side of the coin, so to speak, is how each manufacturer evaluates the effectiveness and returns on the money spent on their specific pros and their pro teams, although most observers may never know what internal changes were made to financial details in sponsorship programs from year-to-year.

Albert "Bazooka" Tamm has also signed a 3 year deal with Lat64. Congrats to him and a great resigning for Lat64. Tamm's rating has gone from 992 to 1020 in less than a year. He sounds serious about touring full-time in the US as well, so we may get treated to some new celebrations in 2020.

I agree with most of your other examples but why is this one childish? Seems like a pretty minor and common way to express frustration.

Sorry, to me, slapping ones self senseless with a disc is just as dumb as punching the ground or a tree.

Showing ones frustration can be done in other ways besides testosterone rage.

Probably just an age thing. I was young once and used to act just as badly in some situations, but then again, I wasn't sponsored by any one nor was I being filmed.

Some things you just can't un-see, and for some players, every time I see them I still remember their antics.

Albert "Bazooka" Tamm has also signed a 3 year deal with Lat64. Congrats to him and a great resigning for Lat64. Tamm's rating has gone from 992 to 1020 in less than a year. He sounds serious about touring full-time in the US as well, so we may get treated to some new celebrations in 2020.

I wonder if he got his celebrations from the first Dude Perfect bowling video with Belmo. Of course, I also wonder if they were unique to DP to start. :)

Sorry, to me, slapping ones self senseless with a disc is just as dumb as punching the ground or a tree.

Showing ones frustration can be done in other ways besides testosterone rage.

Probably just an age thing. I was young once and used to act just as badly in some situations, but then again, I wasn't sponsored by any one nor was I being filmed.

Some things you just can't un-see, and for some players, every time I see them I still remember their antics.

Slapping your leg with a disc doesn't knock you senseless. Punching a tree doesn't either. For the first your thigh stings for a second, for the latter your hand may be broken. Either way no one is knocking themselves senseless. Unless you miss your leg and hit the other head I suppose. That one isn't a thinker in the first place though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts