• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pineapple is perfectly acceptable.

Pickles, sauerkraut, broccoli, candy corn are all abominations.

Pineapple is fantastic on pizza. Pineapple, chicken and jalapenos is my go to. If someone wants broccoli on a pizza I'd tell them to order a damn salad then. :gross:

Hard to find "real" post among all the Pizza talk..

But Jordan, Nikko and Drew is switching..anyone else?

Drew really hasn't done anything worth being on the Star team. He is not especially highly rated, he isn't a week in and week out top five contender, nor does he have a long history of being a top notch ambassador of the sport. IMO Drew is best known for throwing really far and making an idiot of himself on social media.

I've seen people hint he either owns or is a part of FadePDGA on facebook. Would be funny if that's his new "sponsor". lol..

Jordan Castro is a Minnesota boy right?

So maybe GGGT will sponsor him with their Lightning and QuestAT discs!

Too much pro talk, back to pizza

This is perfection:
img1l.jpg

Last edited:
If you had to eat either pizza or a hamburger for at least one meal a day for a year, which would it be? They both have almost endless varieties of toppings and breads, but which would you get sick of the soonest?

Pizza is my favorite food, so I'm biased. But I once had it every day for a week, and got soo tired of it. There's no possible way I could make it a year, unless it was some sort of survival situation.

Hamburgers are darn good, though. But let's save that discussion for next year's speculation thread. :D

Pizza is my favorite food, so I'm biased. But I once had it every day for a week, and got soo tired of it. There's no possible way I could make it a year, unless it was some sort of survival situation.

Hamburgers are darn good, though. But let's save that discussion for next year's speculation thread. :D

BBQ->Pizza->Grilling for next year

I'd never heard of Jordan Castro before this thread. He's 1021 rated so obviously he has talent. It looks like he went 35th, 27th, 20th, 49th, 27th, 43rd, 40th, 37th and 39th in DGPT events. He went 23rd, 72nd, 35th, 5th, and 39th in NT's. He was 35th at Worlds and 79th at USDGC. His only win of the year was at a C Tier. He finished top 5 in seven of 26 events. His prize money for the year is $9,489.

That says a lot for the depth of disc golf that a guy can be 1021 rated and have an average finish of 38th in big events. I would have expected that a 1021-rated guy would have results littered with top 10 finishes, but he has eight all year and only one in a big event. To me that's contradictory information; a 1021 rating is really good, so why are his finishes so ordinary looking?

It also brings up the question of sponsorship and what kind of support a company can be expected to give a player who is going to give them 38th place finishes in the events that are being covered.

I'd never heard of Jordan Castro before this thread. He's 1021 rated so obviously he has talent. It looks like he went 35th, 27th, 20th, 49th, 27th, 43rd, 40th, 37th and 39th in DGPT events. He went 23rd, 72nd, 35th, 5th, and 39th in NT's. He was 35th at Worlds and 79th at USDGC. His only win of the year was at a C Tier. He finished top 5 in seven of 26 events. His prize money for the year is $9,489.

That says a lot for the depth of disc golf that a guy can be 1021 rated and have an average finish of 38th in big events. I would have expected that a 1021-rated guy would have results littered with top 10 finishes, but he has eight all year and only one in a big event. To me that's contradictory information; a 1021 rating is really good, so why are his finishes so ordinary looking?

It also brings up the question of sponsorship and what kind of support a company can be expected to give a player who is going to give them 38th place finishes in the events that are being covered.

Castro has been touring playing open events for the last 5 years and he toured playing Advanced for a couple years before that so its been a slow and steady increase. I have no idea how he's been able to make it work for the last 7 years, but I'm guessing he has a ton of parental support.

Looking at those finishes from this year, this seems like a prudent decision for DD. I'm guessing if he had pretty hair and teeth like McCall, he'd still be on the team though.

Status
Not open for further replies.