• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Curious to see what Gannon will be throwing this weekend.

Probably some wiped stamp discs. If he manages to beat Paul I wonder if he would imply Gannons using KC Pro Aviars like a certain other young gun from Prodigy did a few years back

Perhaps you have some insider knowledge. If so, I wish you would stop speaking in platitudes.

If you have no insider knowledge, the speculation here is rampant. Thinking you are worth more than a contract you signed previously, has nothing to do with this discussion.
Considering what kind of season he had. It actively has everything to do with a discussion like this. To believe otherwise is ludicrous. But, go ahead and try.

Just watched live the Nick & Matt show, Matt mentioned a text exchange with Gannon, and one thing Gannon mentioned is that he will be throwing just 5 discs this weekend. No specificity. Supposed to be crappy weather, too, sidebar.

Disc sponsors will drop a player like a hot potato whenever it is convenient (see Locastro).

How would any company sponsor a player who (on account of his own foolishness) has lost the ability (temporarily) to do the thing he's been sponsored to do?

How would any company sponsor a player who (on account of his own foolishness) has lost the ability (temporarily) to do the thing he's been sponsored to do?

I don't have a problem with Nikko or Kyrie Irving or anyone else getting dropped from a sponsorship deal.

these guys can't tie their own shoes without help

I've noticed that the courts tend to be disproportionately filled with these types, usually seeking relief for self-inflicted wounds. It actually seems to be a business strategy for some.

Thank you for that. Interesting read for sure. Might check if our HBO has the documentary.

Sure, I feel bad about her injuries but perhaps it wasnt only about this case. Personally I kinda think hot liquids are hot liquids, period and caveat emptor.

Can't believe no one has mentioned KJUSAs vocal displeasure about Prodigy being caught on camera at the All-Star event. Turn up the volume, it's kinda low. KJs reaction at the end might show more disconnect with Prodigy and their players.

https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/116r0ck/kevin_jones_talking_with_gannon_about_a_boring/

Kevin's complaint doesn't even make sense to me. what makes a disc "boring"? it's about as informative as saying that a disc "feels good in the hand"

Thank you for that. Interesting read for sure. Might check if our HBO has the documentary.

Sure, I feel bad about her injuries but perhaps it wasnt only about this case. Personally I kinda think hot liquids are hot liquids, period and caveat emptor.

"Liebeck's attorneys argued that, at 180–190 °F (82–88 °C), McDonald's coffee was defective, and more likely to cause serious injury than coffee served at any other establishment."

thankfully you weren't on that jury :)

After this season it seems that at a certain point, some players might be setting their price tag too high.

I understand that you want to maximize your earnings as a professional athlete during your prime years, just wondering if it's sustainable.

Liquid Steel is a lot hotter than liquid Mercury.
Hot is a relative term.

If you knew how serious the injuries were and that McD's used to keep their coffee just below boiling this hopefully wouldn't be a joke to you. She spent 8 days in the hospital getting skin grafts -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants#:~:text=The%20plaintiff%2C%20Stella,for%20the%20incident.

But she was also at fault. I understand the car didn't have cup holders....but still it is hot coffee, why would you put it between your legs and open the top? I know she wanted to add creamer and sugar....but couldn't that have been done a better way - like without the cup between your legs?

She did deserve the win since she just wanted McD's to pay her hospital bill and they refused.