• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The Inevitable "Your 2017 Bag" Thread

Putters:
02 steady Eds
01 breaker (approach)

Mid:
01 aftershock
02 shockwaves

Fair:
01 sail (rollers/ huge turnovers)
01 pipeline
01 tsunami
02 hellfire

Drivers:
03 hurricanes
1x flex
1 sp
1 glow

Really excited to get back out and play this year. I'm finally starting to realize my game and I am gaining a new appreciation for this great sport.
Anyway.. bag lineup.

4X Wizard - 4S, firm and velvety SSS, SS, Evo
1X Warspear - Evo

1X prototype Evo Element
2X Buzzz - Ti, Z FLX
1X Ti Drone
Q Sentinel

1X Champ Leopard
1X Star Leopard3
2X Star Teebird
2X Champ Firebird

4X Wraith - Pro, Star, Champ
3X Sirius Scorpius

P2 (d-line)

2x Envy (neutron)

Truth (lucid)
Verdict (lucid)

2x Teebird (g* + champ)
2x FD (s-line)

Utility:
Spark (flat top opto)
Thunderbird (star)

Infrequently for max d:
Tern (star)
DDX (s-line)

Predator
*Destroyer x3
Champ/* PD's x5
10 yr buzz
Z Comet
Wizard
DX Aviar

Wizards x2 for putting only

I could never do this. I show up at our complex with my backpack and two small bags of discs. When I find out which of the two courses I'm playing, I switch out a few discs.

As a n00b...

As a 2nd year player, I've cycled a few discs and have found a bag that is one I will try to settle into and beat in this year:

Star Destroyer
Champ Beast
Champ Roadrunner
Champ TeeBird
Champ Leopard
Champ Roc3
Pro D Buzzz
Wizard SSS

Any noticeable gaps or suggestions are welcome.

As a 2nd year player, I've cycled a few discs and have found a bag that is one I will try to settle into and beat in this year:

Star Destroyer
Champ Beast
Champ Roadrunner
Champ TeeBird
Champ Leopard
Champ Roc3
Pro D Buzzz
Wizard SSS

How far are you throwing the Destroyer? Majority of people will probably say it's too fast for you. High speed discs can mask form flaws.

Beast and Roadrunner are a great combo for newer players. I would use either as your main long distance drivers. Maybe add a Wraith for windy conditions.

Concentrate on learning the Teebird and Leopard for most drives though. Teebird as stable to OS driver and Leopard as stable to US. Maybe add a Pro Leopard as they are cheap and fly more true to a Leopards numbers.

Champ Roc3 will work great as your stable to OS mid. Pro D Buzzz's are great as they're neutral flyers, but it will beat in quickly. I would consider finding a neutral to slightly US mid in higher grade plastic.

Can't go wrong with Wizards, but you should get one or two more to use for approach shots and drives. Save one, or even better two, just for putting. Most people carry two of their putters just for putts and two (or more) just for throwing.

Otherwise solid bag. Once you keep improving I would also add an OS control/utility disc like a Firebird or Banshee.

Last edited:

Star Destroyer
Champ Beast
Champ Roadrunner
Champ TeeBird
Champ Leopard
Champ Roc3
Pro D Buzzz
Wizard SSS

Solid bag. As to gaps: maybe an understable mid for those occasions you need an anny/turnover approach shot?

Star Destroyer
Champ Beast
Champ Roadrunner
Champ TeeBird
Champ Leopard
Champ Roc3
Pro D Buzzz
Wizard SSS

You can always make your own thread over in the bag suggestions and feedback forum. Having your own thread will help track progress, setup, distances, and anything else you want to. It will also make it easier for others to give you personalized feedback.

As far as your bag, looks good. Maybe get a pro leopard as DanJon stated, as well as more putters.

my bag doesn't change a whole lot except cycling discs of the same mold in and out. i don't like any two to be the same color and I like to cycle in my backups so that they get some seasoning.

putters:
DX Aviar P&A - putting
DX Aviar San Marino - stable thrower
R-Pro XD - main throwing putter
DX XD - understable utility
Champion Rhyno - overstable utility

mids
DX Stingray - roller, understable utility
DX Cobra Ontario Mold - understable thrower
Champion Cobra Ontario Mold - hyzer flip to straight
Buzzz - Hyzerflip to stable finish
Suspect - utility
Verdict - too much trilogy already, looking to replace

Drivers
SE Leopard
Champ Leopard
Champ Teebird - heavy and fresh always
Star Roadrunner - understable utility
Sirius Orion ls - hyzer flip to straight
Star Valkyrie - beat
Star Valkyrie - medium wear - main thrower
Star Valkyrie - stable
Star Thunderbird - overstable
Candy Pro Firebird - OS utility only

that's it. no high speed stuff for me, but my go to for distance driver is the Pro Wraith which go in the bag for some tournaments

I've only been playing for about 6 months but here is my current bag setup after which doesn't change much. I tend to work in twos of every mold.

Putter:
McPro Aviar
KC Pro Aviear
XT Nova

Midrange:
Metal Flake Champ Gator
Champ Mako3
C-line MD3
Champ Roc3 X2

Fairway:
Champ Teebird X2 (Steve Brinster)
Champ Thunderbird X2
Champ Firebird X2
Driver:
Star Destroyer X7
S-line PD2 X2

I've only been playing for about 6 months but here is my current bag setup after which doesn't change much. I tend to work in twos of every mold.

Putter:
McPro Aviar
KC Pro Aviear
XT Nova

Midrange:
Metal Flake Champ Gator
Champ Mako3
C-line MD3
Champ Roc3 X2

Fairway:
Champ Teebird X2 (Steve Brinster)
Champ Thunderbird X2
Champ Firebird X2
Driver:
Star Destroyer X7
S-line PD2 X2

Youve only been playing 6 months and you bag 23 discs and 7 destroyers? Lol

Not looking at a lot of changes from last year. I'm always balancing the desire to simplify, against the need to carry every disc ever made on my back at the same time. I won some kind of big prize from Legacy at the end of the year and I'm still waiting to see what it will be, if there's some cool stuff in there it might shake up my bag a bit. I still haven't tried the Enemy or Fighter.

Full Bag:
4X Wizard (2 medium putters, 2 soft throwers. All super old small-stamps)
Scale (Proto Fossil)
Comet (X)
2X Ghost (1 Protege, 1 Gravity)
Gator (old pearly flat champion)
2X Patriot (1 Pinnacle, 1 Icon)
Rival (Pinnacle)
Nemesis (Sparkle, for rollers)
2X Firebird (1 11X Champ, 1 CE)
2X PD (1 S-line, 1 3rd-run C-line)
2X Outlaw (1 light FR Pinnacle bomber, 1 stable Sparkle)

Minimalist/Lunchtime Bag
Medium Wizard
Proto Fossil Scale
Protege Ghost
Pinnacle Patriot
Pinnacle Rival
CE Firebird
FR Pinnacle Outlaw

Putters:
Fossil Fuel Wizards x2
Soft APX x1
ChalkPit Serpent x1

Mids:
ESP Meteor x1
GloZ Buzzz x1

Fairway:
Z XL x2
Z Reaper x1
Z xTreme x1

Drivers:
Z Thrasher x1
Z SurgeSS x1
ESP Surge x1
Star Destroyer x2
GloZ NukeOS x1
Z Heat x1 Trying out for sky rollers

Star Destroyer - I only throw forehand, it's way too beefy for my BH. I can throw it 300-325, but like to use it for more of shaping shots with that OS fade right (RHFH).

My Champ Leopard is probably my favorite, but my beast is my long drive disc.

What kind of US midrange might be worth checking out? I've been trying to find something that's putter-midrange and US for those approach shots.

How far are you throwing the Destroyer? Majority of people will probably say it's too fast for you. High speed discs can mask form flaws.

Beast and Roadrunner are a great combo for newer players. I would use either as your main long distance drivers. Maybe add a Wraith for windy conditions.

Concentrate on learning the Teebird and Leopard for most drives though. Teebird as stable to OS driver and Leopard as stable to US. Maybe add a Pro Leopard as they are cheap and fly more true to a Leopards numbers.

Champ Roc3 will work great as your stable to OS mid. Pro D Buzzz's are great as they're neutral flyers, but it will beat in quickly. I would consider finding a neutral to slightly US mid in higher grade plastic.

Can't go wrong with Wizards, but you should get one or two more to use for approach shots and drives. Save one, or even better two, just for putting. Most people carry two of their putters just for putts and two (or more) just for throwing.

Otherwise solid bag. Once you keep improving I would also add an OS control/utility disc like a Firebird or Banshee.