• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

Legacy announced a second run of outlaws on their facebook page. New run is replacing the woman on the stamp with a man.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-10 at 1.33.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-10 at 1.33.23 PM.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 83
I snagged a couple first runs at Sylmar today. I didn't have the chance to throw it as the pins were all in short spots. I threw ghost on 10/18 holes.

So what is the differance from a 1st run to a 2nd run. And a 3rd and 4th run later down the road maybe. I am new to the DG world and don't understand why they rename these if its the same disc unless a plastic makeup material has changed or mold?!

The plastics change throughout the lifespan of any particular mold. There are also times when manufacturers will change the mold itself. Even if neither of those is changed, some runs may differ due to other factors such as the time the individual discs were allowed to cool in the mold.

It describes the number of times the mold has been used to produce a "run" of a specific disc. In disc golf, there are always variances from run to run. Some companies are better at reducing those variances, but they do exist. You'll mainly hear people only mention First Run discs as most companies don't count their runs.

I've been pleased with my 174 white and 167 orange first runs. The white was concave when it first arrived and wasn't as overstable as I'd hoped during that first session in 15 mph sustained winds. After a couple days, I took them out for some field work in similar gusting and swirling big winds for a second test along with a bag full of warp speeders (D1s, Worlds, and Rampages). I'm happy to note that the white's slight concave top expanded on its own between my first two tests and now has a slight dome.

For reference, all last year and most of this year I worked some proto D1s (which are not OS by production D1 standards) on tight s-curves around 390-425' and recently added a few faster VIP Worlds for more distance to around 400-440' on flex lines. With the right wind, I throw Icon and Pinnacle Rampages for Max D 425-450'+ and maxed around 475' on high anny lines that second test day with the wind set up perfectly blowing left to right over my left shoulder.

The white Outlaw is considerably more overstable than the lighter orange so they complement each other on the overstable side of my go far. After only a few throws, I was getting as much distance as I normally get with my most stable VIP World but with more fade. I think the smaller rim allows me to get the Outlaw up to speed, resisting that sweeping Outlaw fade a little longer.

As for the 167 Orange, I might have had the longest flip up hyzer I've ever thrown. Just before that orange Outlaw huck, I bombed a hyzer flip to turnover with a newish Icon Rampage with the wind coming in from 1:30 that turned the Rampage tracking some 20' right before, fading out to neutral aound 440'. My next throw was the 167 Outlaw on a similar pull that flipped the orange to flat that just held forever. It locked on to that flat line for 450' less than 15' off the ground and less than a foot track to the right finishing very stable straight in the heady.

If these season like my Icon Rampages and lose HSS first, they will be unreal bombers by spring.

been tossing my burgundy/purple 168 a bit more and really like it .. i mean i dont really have the arm speed to use it for max distance or anything its more of a beefy,fast utility for me but for the types of shots i use it for it performs very well!.. maybe one day i will have the arm speed to really let it fly like it wants :eek:

been tossing my burgundy/purple 168 a bit more and really like it .. i mean i dont really have the arm speed to use it for max distance or anything its more of a beefy,fast utility for me but for the types of shots i use it for it performs very well!.. maybe one day i will have the arm speed to really let it fly like it wants :eek:

It's a good headwind distance driver for those with less then 400 feet of power I think. It won't turn and burn even with OAT.

It's a good headwind distance driver for those with less then 400 feet of power I think. It won't turn and burn even with OAT.

I had a few throws with a buddy's max wt. green, purple, and my 167 orange this weekend. All were less stable than his new 400G D3. I still think my heavy white Outlaw had more LSS but I'm currently leaning towards Birdie's assessment.

I had a second throw on Pop's Pond at Bud Hill with a 10-15mph L to R crosswind that got pushed 100' to the right out of a slight hyzer around 400'. I was a little disappointed with that much turn and surprised it fought enough to avoid the ground. I'll probably bag it for tailwind Max D holes that call for stable with late fade or R to L crosswind hyzer flip ups for super long hyzers:\

I got another white first run I've yet to throw and another white off feebay that should be here today. I hope they can take some wind like my first white one does:|

yup yup :hfive:

I'm pretty excited for this stamp. Headed down to start stamping right now!

This is why I'm holding off on more 2nd runs... Stamp looks like Chakan the Forever Man.

I have fond memories of my Sega Genesis.

7ontheline, the wind you were throwing in must have been 20mph+ sustained crosswind, you threw light weight 166g yellow/purple, or possibly you have some OAT issues in your form that caused a hyzer release to expose the underside of your disc to the crosswind?

I have thrown a majority of the Outlaw color/weight combos they released in the first runs and the only ones that would turn and drift that far in wind is the 166g yellow or purples which are quite a bit different from the max weights i throw. In a moderate sustained headwind i have had my max weight most over-stable Outlaws (red icon) drift enough to land me at most 50-75' right of center on a RHBH 400'+ throw if i dont add enough hyzer to keep it straight, and that's in a headwind. Mine fight back pretty hard if the start to turn and drift in the wind and always come back with a fade at the end.

I had to take my Yellow 166g out of the bag because its the gummiest/softest blend of all the icon outlaws i have which is great and i like the feel, but it beat in very quickly for me, the wind affects it too much and a white icon that is near max weight that's been in the bag just as long has gotten beat in to how the yellow flew fresh out of the box (just a short turnover period with predictable fade), and for my flippy max distance i use an old beat up pinnacle rampage that always fights out to flat at the very end and handles wind better being such a high speed disc.

I think the light weight stuff is good for lower power people who max out at 350-400 but if your throwing over 400-450 172g+ red/white i find to work great and fly as described.

Latest posts