• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

I hear ya.. i was invested into S/DS destroyers a while back and was hesitant to replace them with anything for so long.

These Outlaws are in the same stability "category" as SOME destroyers, i would not avoid getting 1 and giving it a shot though. if you're a destroyer lover like me, these are an easy way of getting the "good destroyers" (imo) without having to hunt them down and pay $30-40. And the superior plastic is a huge plus too. Don't go in expecting a destroyer though, these have their own character out of the box, it grows on you.

Ok Ill give it a shot thanks for the info.

When are the production run Outlaws supposed to be released?? I lost my pink first run in a tree and really don't feel like paying a high price for a new one.

I won a long/accurate drive contest this afternoon with a 435' line drive that was about 15' off the ground with my purple Outlaw today. I'm really enjoying throwing this disc- nice smooth release and it just wants to go. They were handling a steady 15mph wind today as well.

Slightly off topic- what are you guys pairing with your Outlaw for overstable duties? I threw a Rampage a few items today but it was flipping in headwinds more than my Outlaw was. Those of you that have thrown the Pinnacle Outlaw- are they noticeably more overstable than the Icon?

I have a light yellow one that is my overstable disc...I don't have the distance mentioned in the above post but that disc almost wants to come out of my hand with hyzer. Anyone know of colors that seem to be "flippy"?

It's great for my craptastic forehand though.

It's great for my craptastic forehand though.

Funny you mention this. I typically only flick for short distances (less than 225' or so) when conditions won't let me throw an anny. I've been having really good/repeatable results flicking the Outlaw for longer distances!

Funny you mention this. I typically only flick for short distances (less than 225' or so) when conditions won't let me throw an anny. I've been having really good/repeatable results flicking the Outlaw for longer distances!

Same.

I have a terrible forehand, lots of OAT. But the Outlaw somehow handles it and stays straight. My new go-to for anytime i am forced to throw a forehand.

Also had one of the best drives all year on a 480' hole, low line straight tunnel shot RHBH hyzer flipped my 166g Yellow... landed about 25' short of the basket, i missed the putt. :doh:

Outlaw is going as far as my Rampage most of the time, only with more control.. im considering sticking with speed 12 as my highest speed disc and kicking out the rampages for now.

Last edited:
My Orange and Purp 168's are loving the ND winds right now, controlled distance goodness. Although i could use a 175 white (my 170 white icon patriot is freaky overstable brand new...might be me, i'm used to DC xl's) for 20mph wind & hills combo since i flipped the outlaw a few times into a straight headwind. Yes, i must get another outlaw (a 175) for heavier winds...it is decided.

I flipped some outlaws on a relatively flat release into some moderate headwinds and they didn't turn and burn which i liked, they just kept drifting right (RHBH) until they hit the ground flat but still got some good distance. With some hyzer into a headwind they flip to flat and ride out straight and keep most of their distance, awesome disc.

I just got 2 green w/blue stamp FR Outlaws 174g. I need to take one out and throw! What should I expect? Good things I'm sure.

the one I threw was iiight but seemed a little more OS than a d2 I have and way more so vs my flat g* destoryer. would like to get my hands on some used ones in a few months to see how they keep flying for sure.

the one I threw was iiight but seemed a little more OS than a d2 I have and way more so vs my flat g* destoryer. would like to get my hands on some used ones in a few months to see how they keep flying for sure.

Get a lighter Yellow or Purple, they have some turn out of the box and slightly lower PLH.. still OS for sure, but holds straight longer.

That predictable line it fades into and holds is just money.. great footage, thanks.

If I had a bigger arm (or a nicely beat Outlaw) they would probably take over the Destroyer spot. As of now, this one will be a nice OS compliment to my starting-to-beat star destroyer and my flippy G*