• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

I received a couple of 2nd-Run Icon Outlaws in the mail today, and I'm thinking the packaging is to blame for my odd blue one. It's got a puddle-top, basically. On the left side, it starts to sink right after the edge of the rim, then comes up to about 2/3 the way through the cowboy stamp, and then curves down normally the rest of the way. It looks like this was a fairly domey disc before shipping, but because it got packed top-to-top in a padded envelope, it appears quite lop-sided. Is there any way to remedy this, so it pops back up? It may be all mental, but I'm not confident in the flight of this one. I expected better packaging from a major retailer.

Lay it upside down on counter in bowl, Put some boiling water into the flight plate, let cool. Repeat if necessary.

Lay it upside down on counter in bowl, Put some boiling water into the flight plate, let cool. Repeat if necessary.

This is dangerous, you could add dome by doing this, he just wants to return it to the intended shape.

I would just dip it in hot water for a while

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot. Basically, hot water to bring it back to shape, but don't let the top rest on anything.

I am emailing their customer service, too. I don't really want to "out" them at this point.

This is dangerous, you could add dome by doing this, he just wants to return it to the intended shape.

I would just dip it in hot water for a while

Nahhh, will return to factory fresh. It'll stretch some then cool back, I've been doing it for years. Bowl needs to be deeper then disc so only the outside rim is touching it.

Probably just run it under hot water though first, I've done that too. ;)

My blue and one of my whites came puddle topped. The domes on both returned after a few days at room temperature.

Anyway, threw my stable white max wt. in a 10-20 mph L-R last Saturday. On a slight hyzer it popped up quicky, tracked less than 10' right, and held that line to the ground. Not a big wind disc IMO.

Nahhh, will return to factory fresh. It'll stretch some then cool back, I've been doing it for years. Bowl needs to be deeper then disc so only the outside rim is touching it.

Probably just run it under hot water though first, I've done that too. ;)

Yea, you really have to try to give a disc more dome than it starts out with. The premium plastic blends they use in discs are incredibly tough, and don't like to change shape easily. At first when you pour hot/boiling water in it swells the dome up really big and as soon as it cools it's back to normal.

Anyway, threw my stable white max wt. in a 10-20 mph L-R last Saturday. On a slight hyzer it popped up quicky, tracked less than 10' right, and held that line to the ground. Not a big wind disc IMO.

Yea you have to control the hyzer angle in the wind with the outlaw for sure on L-to-R and Headwinds, but with a -1 HSS thats expected. Im excited for pinnacle to be released and be closer to 0 HSS to start out and hold that stability longer.. i feel like all my Icons started out nice and OS but after a couple rounds broke in to hold a straight line longer, and my light ones already hyzer flip very easily, i took them out because my max weights already fly like the 166g did out of the box with a long, slow turn phase.

The only exception i have found to that rule is my Red Max weight first run, but that ones just a little freaky OS, fades harder, sooner and less forward than the rest, took that one out to save it for the future when i need it. Overall most of my Outlaws fly very similar, besides the 166g light weights.. but thats expected when the density of a disc is changed.

Ha, my blue 2nd run just came and I can eat cereal out of it. Wonder how the puddle tops fly

I put my blue 2nd run over my heat vent in the office for a day and it's popped back up the way it should be. I'll be hitting the courses with the mild weather pushing through and hope to do some comparison between my 167 and 174 Icon and 175 Legend. Time to start stretching now, though. This disc is definitely at the top (probably more than) of my speed range.

I finally got out to Lizard Peak in Reno (brand new course with a number of 500+ ft holes) and threw my pink 2nd run Outlaw. It just plain crushes. I would throw it back to back with my Star Destroyers and I would get a hair more turn and 20-50 more feet on every drive. Uphill 400 ft hole? The Outlaw left me pin high at the circles edge. Pushed the flat land shots out past 450 and with a slight downhill over 500. I'm interested to see how it seasons over time and how it flies closer to sea level but it added a valuable tool to my distance game. I may just end up swapping out my Destroyers for two more Outlaws.

I'm looking more for the cool stamp, and to help moose out if he's still got a few left to move. It would most likely hang out in the garage on the wall.

The light weight would be just in case I ever start throwing farther :D

How are the blue first runs flying? I love my white and Pinks after they have broken in a little and my 168 orange is just pure sex in the hand. My red second run came a little puddle topped and is flippy, but comes back with good fade.

Blue and white first runs are the goods, they fly as intended.. good luck finding someone willing to sell.
Of the first runs the purple, yellow, orange are lower PLH and less OS, and the Red is Most OS but the rest of the colors are all in between with the Whites and Blue being most perfect in my opinion. But really not that big of difference after they break in..

Honestly the second runs are just as good, touch more dome across the board, any of those are good.

Last edited:
I finally got out to Lizard Peak in Reno (brand new course with a number of 500+ ft holes) and threw my pink 2nd run Outlaw. It just plain crushes. I would throw it back to back with my Star Destroyers and I would get a hair more turn and 20-50 more feet on every drive. Uphill 400 ft hole? The Outlaw left me pin high at the circles edge. Pushed the flat land shots out past 450 and with a slight downhill over 500. I'm interested to see how it seasons over time and how it flies closer to sea level but it added a valuable tool to my distance game. I may just end up swapping out my Destroyers for two more Outlaws.

Are most people of the same opinion as this? I throw Destroyers and I'm always after a little more D