• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Lost a Dye Thread

One of my first few dyes. Lost it years ago. Either living in someones bag or inked up at the bottom of a pond. Hopefully still out there flying.
IMG_20120204_102518_zps80b38f64.jpg

This thread should probably be left dead 'cuz it's depressing but screw it, I'm sharing the misery. Here's another to add to the missed list, one sweet flying star tern.

eatthebear2sDSC_9384_zps823a60cd.jpg

This one was lost by BraveThrower43, somewhere in the Charlotte area. Pic is from when it was new, but he threw this disc a LOT, and it was one of the KC-stamped Champ Terns :(

9265576698_899daa8001.jpg

This one was lost at Inverness Park in Birmingham, and will likely never be found, those leaves are awfully thick.
8717347397_c3b153c23f.jpg

This is still the only dye I have lost, and it's not really lost, just in someone else's bag.:\

I had previously lost it in the water at Hawk's Landing in NY on my trip. But a guy there found it the next day and mailed it back to me. Then I lost it at a tourney in Oshkosh and someone again found it and called me. But then never actually returned it.

picture.php

No pics, because my dye job wasn't nice enough to document, but someone in Columbus is throwing a red Champ Teebird with a fox dyed on it. At least I hope someone is throwing it, because if it's still in the right side rough of Hole A at Brett Hambrick Memorial, that means I need my eyes checked. I left it there after half an hour of searching in a rainstorm, and have looked briefly every time I've played since, but that baby is gone.

Oh noooooooooo! How/ where did you lose it Dan?

Lost it at an Ice Bowl Prelim round at Prairie Center in Olathe, yep, the KC Ice Bowl has gotten so big we need preliminary rounds! Hole 15's pond was frozen and we were having too much fun sliding discs across the ice, I damn near got my putter to hit the bank and pop up into the basket. Threw just about every disc I had and somehow left that one behind.

e1c397af.jpg

This one hurt as much as any.

Left it in the fairway on hole 4 at The Scrapyard/ Idlewild(Charlotte) after my upshot almost went in. Went back a few holes later, gone, no callback.

Idlewild is notorious for this though. There's a small pond that #8 and 9 have to cross, and a few people fish out all the discs, but don't call the numbers. Shame too, I'd gladly pay to have them back but I was getting calls within a few days of losing a disc from people browsing at Play It Again saying "one of your dyes is here." Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

This is one of the LE ESP Comets from before stock ESP went into production. I sure hope someone is enjoying it!
5963167476_a0da71c885.jpg

This Ti Buzzz, same course, hole 9. I know it was at Play It Again, but gone before I got there. :(

9184834345_e0da4df0ef.jpg

Never knew about this thread. Kinda sad seeing all this nice work lost. I've been pretty lucky with my dyes, and this one isn't anything special dye wise, but it's one I miss pretty badly...

ca41dcff-a090-45ed-9912-8434ec8e1228_zpsblvrxh8z.jpg

Discraft XL. Left it behind after throwing half my bag at hole 4, Sierra Pines (which, BTW, we're losing at the end of the month :thmbdown: ). Name and # on it, but no call.

Peace (and condolences to all),
-Jeff

buzzzss.jpg

z buzzz ss originally Cabin Creek tourney stamped(2011). one of my first "involved/complicated" dyes.
White Oak CC -North #2 Hoston, Tx.
:(

I just lost the disc that is my avatar. Which was a replacement for the only disc I lost all season last year. Guess I'll have to make a 3rd iteration if no one calls me.

Lost under leaves at Watertown hole 8 on the left of the fairway. Threw a second in the same area and found that one easily...

Sadly, I lost my avatar disc today after 3 years of faithful service. She was my main go to driver. A perfectly seasoned star RR with a very close likeness of my wife's eyeball I dyed. She vanished over a chain link fence into some thick jungle like brush. May need to make a replacement soon.

Just lost my main driver - newly dyed last week and I hadn't even gotten a photo yet.

I've only been dyeing for about a month now, but, I've gotten the basic SC, plastic marbling, dusting, splatter and brainwaves down. I finally got the courage to dye my main driver last week, a pearly, creamy white Prodigy D3 Big Jerm sig stamp. I mixed powdered dye with a bit of acetone to do a quicker SC dye, set my design, laid the disc and came out with my best looking SC yet. A great outward spiral of silver, pink, and orange over that pearly white.

Well, over Memorial Day vacation, the gal and I tried out several new courses on Michigan's West Coast... First throw on Sunday at a new course I'd never been to, I overshot a 360' hole by about 50' straight into water... Somehow, the D3 was floating. SCORE!

There were two guys practicing putts on hole 10 (Hole 9 shot 210' over the pond, hole 10 was a dogleg left around the side and the pond sat right behind the pin for hole 1) As I approached my disc, one of the putters came over and started asking me if I was going to retrieve my disc. It was cold and raining a bit and I could see that he had been swimming so I offered him all the cash I had on me to grab it for me. $10. Now, I've never paid more than $2-$5 for a disc from the water when another golfer watched it go in and most Michigan golfers won't even accept money, they just want to support the community. However, this was my favorite driver, a new custom dye and one that I was proud of. SO! $10? His response was that the disc was worth a lot more than that and if I didn't want to pay the price for the disc that he said was "at least a $25 to $30 disc with that dye" (bull) that he would just keep it for himself... ... ... I almost pushed him into that pond...

But, I'd already seen one Snapper, didn't know the depth of the murky pond, it was cold, rainy and I was over an hour from home on hole one of a highly rated course that I wanted to check out... so I left it... I got to hole three and watched him climb out of the water with my beloved disc...

Some people just deserve to dye by fire.

Support and grow the sport, don't be a lowlife.

My 2¢...

Last edited:
Lost another dye... the DAY I DYED IT! Not my year...

Now, I haven't lost a disc in two years... Now, two in the last 30 days... Both new dyes... The one I lost this weekend I hadn't even gotten a photo of yet! (my own stupidity) It was my best dye yet, a mix of shaving cream, powder sprinkle, and stencil... It looked GREAT (imho) Lime Green Prodigy D4, dark green iDye SC along the rim - pulled in, red sprinkle dye over the SC to give nice spun streaks, and a stencil of a Maple Leaf... Lost it under a SMALL (20'x60') patch of trees and bushes and my friend and I couldn't find it after 20 minutes in the rain...

So sad...

Guess I'll have to recreate it. Bummer, huh? Have to buy more dye fodder. Damn.

Cheers, mates!

Just got back from a trip to highbridge and Minneapolis.

Lost a dyed Prodiscus Legenda in the creek on hole 16 at BRP. Next round I lost a sidewinder in the same creek.

My friend also lost a Viking I dyed for him (attached).

Attachments

• viking.jpg
    viking.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts