• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Newest Crush Boy is an ANIMAL.

Let's not forget about this kid too. Gannon is legit and I think he just turned 13 or 14?! Last fall at the CCC, he absolutely shredded the course with a 1030 rated round. Having played in the same tournament(and very poorly), that is a crazy score for your first time at that course.
The generation coming up is going to be absurd. I've been saying it for years now to people around me - the folks saying "Eagle is going to dominate the world of disc golf!" are completely ignoring the fact that Eagle is just the first of a new generation of talent. The sport is already insanely fun to watch at the highest levels - but imagine how rounds are going to look when lead card at every major event is loaded with guys playing at the highest Eagle/Ricky/Paul/Simon levels. The margin for error is going to get so small. I'm loving every moment watching these Isaiahs/Barelas/Arlinghauses/Gannons emerge.

The generation coming up is going to be absurd. I've been saying it for years now to people around me - the folks saying "Eagle is going to dominate the world of disc golf!" are completely ignoring the fact that Eagle is just the first of a new generation of talent. The sport is already insanely fun to watch at the highest levels - but imagine how rounds are going to look when lead card at every major event is loaded with guys playing at the highest Eagle/Ricky/Paul/Simon levels. The margin for error is going to get so small. I'm loving every moment watching these Isaiahs/Barelas/Arlinghauses/Gannons emerge.

...and just think about the dozens(maybe hundreds? who knows with how the game is exploding over there) of young kids in Europe nobody even knows about yet.

...:popcorn:

Last edited:
There are lots of sports/activities where women get stupidly competitive, like volleyball or dance.
giphy.gif

Also, I wonder what his natural handedness is...

I would put money on him being naturally righthanded. I throw the same way as him (LHBH/RHFH) and have met several others that have done the same. It usually comes from a baseball background as a right handed baseball swing is very similar to a LHBH. I know personally I can't throw a baseball, football, etc farther than 50 feet with my left hand even though I disc lefty.

Yeah, for me to get up to the long pin position (his drive here was within putting distance), I have to throw driver then a fairway to reach. :(

I actually prefer it in the long because I don't feel bad for not getting a c1 putt.:D It just feels like I should be able to park that hole but just cant seem to get it there.

Why does he flick right handed and backhand lefty?

Not really sure but it isnt all that uncommon. There are a couple guys in Cincy who throw righty BH and flick lefty and vice versa. I think he should have kept working on the righty BH(he might be for all I know. I didn't play many events last year, so I haven't seen him play in person in almost 2years). He threw a nice one down the hill on that ski slope course 3.5 yrs ago... He could be nasty if he had controllable distance BH with both arms...

Ambidextrous players are going to be one of the next evolutions of the top level pro. Eventually there will be players who have been throwing with both hands since they were 10. Arlinghaus may be one of the first of this breed.

I still find it weird that none of the shots he threw in this admittedly old (3 years is a long time in the development of a prodigy) video faded left. Seems like he'd need a good shot in his bag that could do that.

Kid has a wicked flex forehand with his nondominant hand.

Last edited:

Latest posts