• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of his recent activity in other threads, I thought he might pop over here too. I still think he'll post here more in the off-season...if he's bored enough. :D

GreatPumpkin.jpg

TheSpinTV 'Q&A' section is beat. Not a very good format for any sort of discussion. Seems to take forever to get a new question answered and there is no chance for any sort of back and forth.

I know Paul is super busy but I hope he still decides to duck in here every now and then to answer a few questions.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind at all... but my guess is Innova sees this as a conflict of interest and in a way, it is.

Innova pays him decent $$, so no way he'll jeopardize that by trying to satisfy some silly forum mongrels.

Although I'd say Innova needs him more than he needs them right now. Paul has a blank check in my mind for any disc golf related ventures. There are only two other folks wit back-to-back world titles... and interestingly enough, they are Innova players as well.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind at all... but my guess is Innova sees this as a conflict of interest and in a way, it is.
If that is the case... Innova is being extremely short-sighted.

The paltry number of page views TheSpinTV will gain isn't worth it. DGCR isn't a competitor to Innova's business. Plus... the community is already here.

Its downright impossible to build a significant and viable online community by 'forcing' users to a site they don't want to use. You just end up irritating people and they move on.

If that is the case... Innova is being extremely short-sighted.

The paltry number of page views TheSpinTV will gain isn't worth it. DGCR isn't a competitor to Innova's business. Plus... the community is already here.

Because they don't own the data, they'd have to pay Tim to use it.

Paul,

Many people complain about disc inconsistencies from run to run (destroyers from flippy to crazy stable). Would you prefer every disc to be the same out of the box, or do you like being able to find the same mold in different stabilities?

Thanks
Dan

Paul,
I noticed that in your dgcr profile you don't have any courses listed as played.

Is that true? Have you never even played disc golf?

Hey guys. Paul isn't answering questions on here anymore. You can hit him up at thespintv.com

I think McBeth was a little too accessible in this thread. It's nice to be able to pick the brain of the world's best disc golfer anytime you want, but I think it undervalues his knowledge of the game and his brand. A brand that he and Innova can really capitalize on if they handle it correctly.

Yes and NO.

He is an active forum member and posts in other threads. He has NOT posted in here since #293 on 6/11/13.

So yes, he did say he wouldn't be answering questions here any longer. My guess is it was Innova's idea more than Paul's to move questions to SpinTV. Nonetheless... we had a great run and super dialogue with him here and that time has now passed.

He's posted 9 times in this thread since 6/11. His priority is to SpinTV like he said, but he also never said he would completely stop posting here. The timing coincides with a pretty busy part of the year; Euro Open, then Worlds, and now the Vibram.

I would agree to close this thread if Paul says he will only be answering questions over at SpinTV.

Un Sticky it please!

Paul won't answer then the thread comes down right?

He's posted 9 times in this thread since 6/11. His priority is to SpinTV like he said, but he also never said he would completely stop posting here. The timing coincides with a pretty busy part of the year; Euro Open, then Worlds, and now the Vibram.

I would agree to close this thread if Paul says he will only be answering questions over at SpinTV.

give him a little bit longer. hes been stacked with tourneys lately

He still posts on the site in other threads, but he himself has stated SpinTV is the primary Q/A location.

Status
Not open for further replies.