• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Just out of curiosity does anyone else have a Serpent with a puffy inner rim? One of my three Serpents has a puffy inner lip the other are flat. Was there a certain run that had the puffy rim?

Just out of curiosity does anyone else have a Serpent with a puffy inner rim? One of my three Serpents has a puffy inner lip the other are flat. Was there a certain run that had the puffy rim?

Did you get that from me?

I picked up three from the same run, a gray blue color, that had the puffy rim. They also had some dome where all other Serpents are flat. I found they flew about the same and kinda liked the rim for putting as I'm more of a push putter and it gave a good release.

Did you get that from me?

I picked up three from the same run, a gray blue color, that had the puffy rim. They also had some dome where all other Serpents are flat. I found they flew about the same and kinda liked the rim for putting as I'm more of a push putter and it gave a good release.

I don't think so. I am pretty sure this was the first Serpent I bought. Blue Fossil Fuel with the cool Serpent wrapped around the basket stamp.

BTW RDG should totally bring that stamp back on the Serpent. It is one of my favorites (after the Pokemon stamp of coarse)

I don't think so. I am pretty sure this was the first Serpent I bought. Blue Fossil Fuel with the cool Serpent wrapped around the basket stamp.

I have a Blue Chalk RFF Serp with a puffy rim. Same Serpent/Basket stamp. Might be the softer/rubbery plastic as apposed to the firmer Fossil/Fuel.

BTW RDG should totally bring that stamp back on the Serpent. It is one of my favorites (after the Pokemon stamp of coarse)

Pretty sure that's from the same run. And that stamp is sick, my son uses one of those that is triple stamped. I should post a pic of it cuz it is awesome.

I'm really thinking I traded it to you for a Scale, hopefully with full disclosure. :eek:

Pretty sure that's from the same run. And that stamp is sick, my son uses one of those that is triple stamped. I should post a pic of it cuz it is awesome.

I'm really thinking I traded it to you for a Scale, hopefully with full disclosure. :eek:

Maybe you did trade it to me. I honestly don't remember haha. It doesn't really bother me it is just different. The current Serpent I am bagging anyway is a Goldblum stamp Fossil.

Got my Scales and Stego in the mail yesterday and I must say they fly exactly as advertised.
Question is though
What the hell does anyone do with a Stego? My first throw I could only laugh and say "what the hell!!!?"
The hole I wanted it for <200' with about 40 or 50' downhill elevation and OB long 40' past the basket.
It dumped left and wedged into a rock halfway to the basket. I went ahead and threw it for my second shot on a super extreme anhyzer it made it about 50' on the a byline before rolling back over and dumping left. Ended up right at the basket but wow.

As I said exactly as advertised, but the advertised sounds like silly exaggeration.
I'm not sure I could ever find a shot for this disc except maybe putting into a gale force headwind.

I'm a LHBH only player, so I use the Stego to get out of trouble.

You know that kind of trouble where it's like 'how the hell am I going to get around these huge trees and get to the basket, 75 feet away.'

In that situation I use the stego, and park it usually. So money on stupid get out of a jam kind of shots!

Stego never made my bag... It works great as a roller - just throw a tomahawk and it'll roll for about 300'. Otherwise, it's like the craziest, beefiest Zone ever. Just TANKS. I did find it useful in certain situations when I was testing it out for a few weeks. In the woods when you need to carve an insane flex around trees one way, but cut back to hyzer (forehand or backhand) the Stego is amazing! Give it a bit of height and flex the snot out of it and it's the most useful utility disc I've ever seen. However, those situations are so rare, I didn't end up bagging it.

I would really like to try a Stego. Sounds like a blast.

I bag a Stego for when FH when a Zone isn't overstable enough and forehand rollers. Also I have putted with it. There was a day I was playing at lunch that the wind was gusting badly. So much my friend's Harp was getting blown around. The Stego didn't though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pic of the triple snake stamped Serpent.

Attachments

• WP_20161001_002.jpg
    WP_20161001_002.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 62
Now that we have linked up in the Faction, I've noticed that the Serpent is gaining steam with our new customer base.

Our sponsored pro still touts it as the best mold that RDG has to offer. The results speak for themselves as he putts, drives and approaches with Serpents exclusively.

Most rounds now I travel lightly with just a Scale, Lithium & Tyrant. I'm finding that I can carve up most courses with a nice arsenal of Beefy-Workable-Beefy

Man... Started Winter League yesterday afternoon and that Tyrant was a LIFE SAFER!!! So many sidearm shots through the woods and long downhill crushes. That this is such a staple in the bag now. Nothing can beat it. I'm pumped to (hopefully) see the Gila in 2017! :D

As it stands, I'll be putting the Lithium, Uranium, and Andro C back in the bag to hold my midrange shots and be running a 50% Faction bag. I'll have to do some work between the Raptor and the Firebird to see if I re-bag the Raptor. I would love to rep Faction as much as I can, but that Sexton FB is just so smooth.

Man... Started Winter League yesterday afternoon and that Tyrant was a LIFE SAFER!!! So many sidearm shots through the woods and long downhill crushes. That this is such a staple in the bag now. Nothing can beat it. I'm pumped to (hopefully) see the Gila in 2017! :D

As it stands, I'll be putting the Lithium, Uranium, and Andro C back in the bag to hold my midrange shots and be running a 50% Faction bag. I'll have to do some work between the Raptor and the Firebird to see if I re-bag the Raptor. I would love to rep Faction as much as I can, but that Sexton FB is just so smooth.

That slot is just so subjective. Throw whatever feels good in the hand!

I trust the Raptor bc it has never once turned on me in a headwind. The FB won't let you down either.

Latest posts