• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

I'm starting to think fossil flex is my fave plastic. Any chance we will see wizards soon?

Anyone had any issues with RDG shipping lately? I placed an order on Aug 28, got the confirmation that they had received my order, but have received no tracking info/updates. I e-mailed this morning and haven't heard anything.

Anyone had any issues with RDG shipping lately? I placed an order on Aug 28, got the confirmation that they had received my order, but have received no tracking info/updates. I e-mailed this morning and haven't heard anything.

OH yeah. We are revamping the site and our orders got all mixed up. Everything is going out tonight/tomorrow.

It will be our last gaffe on shipping as our new process shall be smooth and reliable
My Apologies for the sloppy response to this issue

As always we will make it right to ensure we retain our customer base

OH yeah. We are revamping the site and our orders got all mixed up. Everything is going out tonight/tomorrow.

It will be our last gaffe on shipping as our new process shall be smooth and reliable
My Apologies for the sloppy response to this issue

As always we will make it right to ensure we retain our customer base

No worries. I've always had fine experiences with RDG. I would recommend that if something like this happens in the future, you attempt to contact/explain the situation to any customers waiting on an order though.

Am i going to be able to order my scale anytime soon? I wanna get some practice with it before our 6 months of winter begins in Wisconsin.

We are getting close to launching a full Faction site with Element, Ozone and RDG.

We are modeling this after Trilogys style of retail/wholesale in hopes to broaden our reach. I think the new site will be up by October.

As stated above, Element has our inventory currently and all of the money earned goes to us so buy with confidence :)

The Stego is absolutely the most overstable disc I've ever seen. It's like a slower Viper on more steroids than Dewayne Johnson! Comparing it to any other disc just isn't feasible. It will be considerably shorter than a Drone, but also offer more utility. My favorite thing to do with a Stego is when a meatheat that claims "I always play pro division," or "I can throw my putter 400', but I'm just off today." (You know the type) Anyway, I'll grab the Stego out of the car and bet them $5 they can't throw it more than 150'. I've made $25 so far. :D

I've read a little on the Ptero, so what can I expect from those who have thrown it? Keep in mind, my arm is 330-350 on a good day. Also, what's the rim, are we talking the same as the Tyrant or is it faster?

Don't have an Amber, but it's.speed 7 disc, so about the same as a Tyrant. The Ptero is more of a line shaper, kinda Eagle-ish.

My best comparison would be;

Tyrant: Teebanshee.

Ptero: Stalker

The Ptero is slightly understable, but not much. For the most part it's just dead nuts straight with a gentle hyzer fade. Very, very workable disc. Much more so than an Eagle. (and I love me some Eagles) The Eagle tends to have more lateral movement in the HSS and then bites pretty hard at the end, whereas the Ptero will have a little play in HSS, but not nearly as much, and the fade is much more gentle. I would really rate it about a 7/5/-.5/1.5 Beautiful for crafting lines through the woods. The only reason I stopped bagging it was because the FD's glide won the battle at the end of the day.

However, my league is having a 3-disc Challenge tonight and I think I may do all RDG with a Armor Tyrant, Amber Ptero, and Armor Flex Scale in my Gecko bag.

Last edited:
My best comparison would be;

Tyrant: Teebanshee.

Ptero: Stalker

That's a pretty fair comparison. I currently bag the Flex and the Amber Pteros. Like Reniger said, the Amber is extremely straight with a nice forward finish. It really excels on long hyzer lines and rips right up the middle. I use the Flex as more of a long turnover disc. The Flex almost always comes back, right at the end of the flight. The Amber and Flex both have extremely high glide (IMO), and compliment each other really nicely. If you don't have a Tyrant yet, I'd get on that for sure :thmbup:

here's hoping that RDG makes some new runs of Serpents!!! I need a Gray one...stat ;) - blank if you wanna save the stamp

RDG site still down but went Element discs. ended up gettin an Iridium. used it a bunch at King of the North tournament. Ended up taking 1st in Advanced. RDG Serpent saved my putting game with all the elevation and wind we had

Latest posts