• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Seeing all the stego love is great, but the real money maker is the SCALE!

Was throwing a couple of days ago, this a 120' birdie approach. Who should happen to walk my way as I hit it, Colten Montgomery and Kona Panis. Totally looked like was some secretly amazing Pro they didn't know. Little did they know, I'm just an intermediate player waiting to turn 40, so I can play masters.

All that to say, only disc that has made me look better than I really am, the Scale!

BTW, Colten missed his putt. ;)

Scale is the best disc RDG has made. Hands down

Scale is the best disc RDG has made. Hands down

Nah. Gila.

The Scale was easy.
I just created a different take on a Rhyno top and slapped it on a Wizard. EASY.

The Gila required me getting Dave Mac to create a new mid core and stripper ring... Lol.

AGL and Storm are now benefiting from that convincing lol.

And Ozones design work bringing the Tyrant to life was also incredible. It is exactly what i wanted it to be.

Nah. Gila.

The Scale was easy.
I just created a different take on a Rhyno top and slapped it on a Wizard. EASY.

The Gila required me getting Dave Mac to create a new mid core and stripper ring... Lol.

And Ozones design work bringing the Tyrant to life was also incredible. It is exactly what i wanted it to be.

Ok ok, it wasn't the most impressive feat that you guys pulled off.

But improving on an already excellent mold wasn't easy.

And it was the mold that finally gave me some putting confidence.

Speaking of which, what is the minimum order you need to convince dave to get it into the rotation;)

What molds did ADL and storm utilize?

Nah. Gila.

The Scale was easy.

And, I think the fact that you are seeing lots of gateway spinoffs with viable discs now a testament to the legwork RDG did.

Well, I take this little guys unexpected arrival as a sign to throw more RDG.

These crested geckos have lived together for 6 years, and never laid a viable egg. Well surprise surprise.

Attachments

• 20200513_224444.jpg
    20200513_224444.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 46
He did pretty good, but wasted a few throws trying to get the Stego to do what he wanted instead on letting it do what it does well.

Would disagree with the shot shaping comment, I think it does those really well, just the shapes it wants to make.

Got my stego and serps in today.

Stego haha what a great disc. Immediately I thought wow this is the dumbest disc ever. The stamp couldn't be more spot on. I can't wait to "throw" this thing. Great work guys. I can already tell I needed this in my life.

Serpent. Really intriguing, feels amazing FH and BH, even putting grip is pretty good although I'm so used to the deep P2 now. I'm going to try this out as a straight point and shoot FH disc. I'm missing that. Pigs get squirrelly when they are real beat up.

And of course the plastic. Gateway just has the best plastics man. Seriously, how did the other manufacturers not figure this out in the last 20 years?

Got my stego and serps in today.

Stego haha what a great disc. Immediately I thought wow this is the dumbest disc ever. The stamp couldn't be more spot on. I can't wait to "throw" this thing. Great work guys. I can already tell I needed this in my life.

Serpent. Really intriguing, feels amazing FH and BH, even putting grip is pretty good although I'm so used to the deep P2 now. I'm going to try this out as a straight point and shoot FH disc. I'm missing that. Pigs get squirrelly when they are real beat up.

And of course the plastic. Gateway just has the best plastics man. Seriously, how did the other manufacturers not figure this out in the last 20 years?

This is so true.

If Fossil Gikas were Rocs...they'd sell for $50 a pop.

Fossil is like old school KC Pro. Current KC Pro is trash in comparison.

And yeah the Serp is a great line locker both FH and BH

Just got my Stegos a couple hours ago and yeah, surprised at how firm they are. Was kinda expecting more DX type firmness. Shall throw one tomorrow and see just how stupid they are. 😁

Just got my Stegos a couple hours ago and yeah, surprised at how firm they are. Was kinda expecting more DX type firmness. Shall throw one tomorrow and see just how stupid they are. 😁

Just threw mine. They really do fly better upside down. Hilarious disc. It's flies like a jet performing evasive maneuvers.

They have the best baseline, their premium is really just catching up

This is so true.

And fossil gilas are all flat as can be! Just got my armour gilas in, very excited to use them as a slow to break in compliment to the prophecies I intend to bag. Well until I get some beat in Gilas.

I did an ace race event a few years ago with Serpents and Scales, players could pick two of either or one of each. I played with a Scale and was playing with two FPO women who can sling it very well, they both picked the Serpent and and kept getting so confused when they put it on the perfect line and it never faded into the basket. It just drops so straight at HSS. Very interesting to watch it fly in competent hands.

I did an ace race event a few years ago with Serpents and Scales, players could pick two of either or one of each. I played with a Scale and was playing with two FPO women who can sling it very well, they both picked the Serpent and and kept getting so confused when they put it on the perfect line and it never faded into the basket. It just drops so straight at HSS. Very interesting to watch it fly in competent hands.

Yeah there is a short wooded hole at mh home course that i always over shoot with a mid.

Its a straight shot through the trees that requires little turn and little fade.

I'm not sure why I've never thrown a Serp on it until recently... Well needless to say, i have parked it three times in a row now.

Straight at the pin with a little flick of the wrist and that baby rides to the basket and sits down.

This is so true.

Gikas....you got a mold I don't know about?

;)

If Gilas (sp?) were Rocs, then what would be my over-stable mid be?

Gikas....you got a mold I don't know about?

;)

If Gilas (sp?) were Rocs, then what would be my over-stable mid be?

The new double bead proto with a Gila top....

Gateway has a new double beaded mid proto with an element top that could be cool with the Gila top