• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Our new run of Stego are LIVE on our site.

These Molten Stego are amazing. Very springy, gummy and grippy. I especially love the 150 class ones. They're like an abomination that shouldn't be physically possible... But they're Stegos... Lol.

Up next for us is the return of the FOSSIL WIZARD

Followed by our first run of Tortugas!

Fossil Tortugas??
That's the game plan. Also Tar Pit.

This putter has become my Go To for both circle putting and straight tee shots.

The late turn makes for a ridiculously straight finishing flight. I am getting true point and shoot flights when I power it up which is something that I could not achieve with many other molds (minus the Serp)

The late turn makes for a ridiculously straight finishing flight. I am getting true point and shoot flights when I power it up which is something that I could not achieve with many other molds (minus the Serp)
I was sinking some putts with the Tort today, with a Tarpit version I could see it challenging my Swan for the putter slot.

God...
Like I need any more putters...

Currently going with some "puffy" wizards for the extra glide.
Still have WAY too many other putters...

Fossil Wizards,
Fossil Fuel Wizards,
Fossil Flex Wizards (if I played more often and could get better glide these would be my "GoTo")
Scales (many plastics)
Serpents (many plastics)
Tortugas
Stegos...

and those are just the RDG bins...

you think I have a problem??

Can someone remind me what the Tortuga is based off of?
I actually don't know that, it doesn't feel like any Gateway putter I've tried. Most similar to a flat top Shield but not quite as fast.

The comment before yours Jamie said it's currently approved as the arsenal disc's C4
Yes, but most of the discs made by Gateway share a part with one of their main line discs. Unless Arsenal initially shelled out the money for a full mold it's probably at least a shared top.

Yes, but most of the discs made by Gateway share a part with one of their main line discs. Unless Arsenal initially shelled out the money for a full mold it's probably at least a shared top.
Oooh I see what the question meant now.
I couldn't find much info, but I did find a review of the C4 that said the first run was produced in a limited edition plastic called 'C4 plastic' that had already been announced as OOP. The same review had an update that said arsenal was moving all production to gateway and their plastic blends were going to be a great match to arsenal's molds. So the C4 predated Arsenal moving production to Gateway.

Arsenal's website makes it sound like the owner's primary skillset is engineering and computer design and it talks about the effort put into designing their molds, so I kinda do think the C4 was probably a unique mold.

The Tortuga (C4) is completely unique.

Arsenal Discs came to Gateway with their molds after struggling with their first manufacturer (likely not a DG familiar molder) They have since gone away and Gateway has all of their molds.

I stumbled upon the C4 and after throwing it one round... Decided that it was EXACTLY what I want to add to the RDG lineup.

It's extremely unique which is something I've always wanted to embrace. It's low profile but slowish, it's glidey but not floaty, it's Beadless but still fills out your knuckle.

In short... I love it and cannot wait until we finally get it officially in our grasp. I think it'll become a top performer for us and folks that inexplicably enjoy RDG

I stumbled upon the C4... EXACTLY what I want to add to the RDG lineup.

It's extremely unique. It's low profile but slowish, it's glidey but not floaty, it's Beadless but still fills out your knuckle.
The combination of high speed glide and low speed drop is great for control and shot shape, both throwing and putting. The more I learn it the more value that flight combo has.

That drop helps it fit right in as an RDG putter and the uniqueness right at home with RDG.

Latest posts