• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions about the RR/Zuca:

Can someone confirm the width of the Zuca when the wheels are taken off? I have a 350Z with a very oddly shaped (and small) trunk. Am trying to decide between the Delta and the RR, and the deciding factor may be whether it will fit in the Z's trunk: the big square shape of the Delta won't fit, but the Zuca looks like it might, although it will be close!

I weight right around 300 lbs. Anybody that heavy that can speak to the solidity of the Zuca and/or the Delta? Zuca sounds like it is rated for 300 lbs, but the load would certainly be heavier than that with it fully loaded and my fat arse sitting on it.

The web site(s) show the width of the other Zuca carts as 10", and the All-Terrain as 22", which seems to indicate that it would be 10" wide with the wheels off, but I really need to get a confirmation of that width before I can pull the trigger on the purchase.

Another question: how easy/quick is it to take the wheels off? If you have done so regularly, would you see any issues with wear on the hardware if put them on and off regulalry?

Thanks!

I'm a big guy at a little over 300lbs and the Zuca handles me with no issues. Super solid with no movement at all. The wheels are easy to take off. Unscrew the wheel knob, take the tire off, pull off spacer, and then you can pull the axle out with the other wheel attached. Here is a video with assembling the Zuca. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DARZa6KYxI4
I've had mine for a few weeks and it has been nice not to carry a bag around.

Last edited:
Thanks, vabeachroach - that is good news! I did watch a couple of their Zuca Challenges and I just wanted to make sure that the all-terrain version is as solid as their "regular" Zuca (whatever that means!).

Thanks for sharing your experience.

After 6 months on various courses I am still in love with my Ridge Roller. Saddle bags on the way so may have to re think where the bottle holder is positioned. here is an album with some recent pics: http://imgur.com/a/4qms8

How are the saddle bags? Seems like they will cover up the putter pocket, but maybe that's not a big deal if you are using a pole-attached putter pouch?

How are the saddle bags? Seems like they will cover up the putter pocket, but maybe that's not a big deal if you are using a pole-attached putter pouch?
They do cover the side pouches. The saddle bags have removable lower straps to fasten them to the lower frame. If you take these off, the saddle bags can easily be lifted to access the side pockets. That's the setup I'm "rolling" with for now. A couple rarely used utility discs sit in the sides.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Stevo, can you give a front and back closeup picture of the mounting bracket you used on the pouch?...

Not Stevo but I mounted my putter pocket using one of these bicycle water bottle cage mounts. I put a small cut piece of inner tube around the pile before I tightened the clamp just to keep it from sliding/twisting although I'm not entirely sure it was necessary.

Where is everyone ordering from? I was going to order from Ridge Roller to support a DGCR guy but the site had been down for weeks.

Ya sorry site has been down getting ready for the backpack cart and my customs backpack cart. Use my promo code save 10% and free shipping RIDGEROLL2016 order right on Zuca.com

Ordered my Ridge Roller from Zuca - stoked to get it out on the course!

How are you guys liking the saddle bags? Whats your overall impression - worth buying?

Seems like it makes access to the outside pockets and the zippered access flap a pain - true, or not such a big deal?

The cooler bag looks pretty useful. How is the other side? Useful space?

Thanks!

How are you guys liking the saddle bags? Whats your overall impression - worth buying?

Seems like it makes access to the outside pockets and the zippered access flap a pain - true, or not such a big deal?

Thanks!

I'm enjoying them. There are straps to fasten them to the bottom of the fame so they don't bounce around. I leave these off and can still easily access the side pockets by lifting up the saddle bag - I'm only carrying a couple utility discs in one side at the moment. The side access to the back of the cart (storage area) is a bit difficult, but with the SB I don't really need that area. I'll probably roll with both bags during the TX summers, just so I can have the insulated cooler really. When it cools off (December-February), I'll lose the SBs and put a couple discs in the side pockets to make more room on the interior so I can slide a lunchbox or something in to keep the small accessories I have in one SB.

Thanks!

Since I already added a bag to mine for extra storage I found that I really don't need the one side of the saddle bag, but I am keeping the cooler side on during the summer. Nice to be able to throw a ziplock in there with some ice and have a few more cold beverages aside from my Hydroflask :) I'm glad I have the option of using only one side or the other or both though. Good design.

What is everyone doing to store large hoodies.

Had a situation on the weekend where I needed to remove my hoodie and had know where to store it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts