• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] The River

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Looked it up in search, and could not find any info about this disc, of course I am sure there are some threads somewhere:

I traded for one today with guy on the course, because I have heard about them. I only made one throw with it, and I was impressed. Just wondering what the thoughts are on this disc. From what I could tell, it has tons of glide and flies almost dead straight.

That last sentence seems to be all you need to know. Mine throws consistently straight with lots of glide. I love using it on downhill holes

Not sure why no searches came up, this disc has been discussed a lot, but yes, super glide and just sweetness. I love the GL version more. TM version kinda sucks.

Not sure why no searches came up, this disc has been discussed a lot, but yes, super glide and just sweetness. I love the GL version more. TM version kinda sucks.

Most sites have crappy search functions and when you search for "river", it picks everything with that in it. and "dRIVER" is way more popular than "river".

the river was my first real disc 'love'. i saw some reviews, picked it up (opto plastic) the next day and it has been great ever since. i was using it as my go-to for drives, but since i picked it up i've gotten better with form and distance and don't use it as much any more. i use it mostly for those straight low-and-slow paths through the woods. if there isn't too much wind i can get a great hyzer flip out of it and it'll sail for 350+. great disc, love the feel.

What are the GL versions, and TM versions, mean?

What are the GL versions, and TM versions, mean?

Hey folks, please correct me if I got this wrong:
GL = Gold Line plastic (premium sweetness). Latitude's other (very nice) plastic is actually Opto.
edit: TM is Test Material (thanks!)

I goofed mentioning Tournament plastic: a Westside product.

ps: I'm loving my River for easy 250' straight shots!

Its become my control driver of choice. Great for shaping lines but has great distance potential. Opto Line plastic is a little more stable than the gold line. The glide does take a little getting use to when ranging shots but once you do its a great disc. I carry two gold lines for most of my shots and a test material that I am trying to beat into a nice flippy compliment.

Were you living uinder a rock by chance for the past few months Mr Biker? Good to see you back though.

Last edited:
Some Skulboy RIVERs in unique color plastics, gun-metal blue and dark red.
Love the RIVER, awesome disc.

7804623762_280f84508f_z.jpg

Skulboy Disc Store.

I think the OP is having some fun...ace member, 8400 posts, and he knows nothing about the River, or Lat 64 plastics? Not likely. The real question is why? Maybe one of the kids got a hold of his keyboard.

I think the OP is having some fun...ace member, 8400 posts, and he knows nothing about the River, or Lat 64 plastics? Not likely. The real question is why? Maybe one of the kids got a hold of his keyboard.

I really don't know anything about Lat 64 . I mainly throw Discraft, and I have been happy with what is in my bag, so I havn't really paid much attention to all the talk of Lat 64 or the River, I just remember people talking about the disc on Hole of The Day. There is a Pro Shop about 25 miles away that sales them, and I am playing the course there as well next weekend, so I might pick up one or two, so that is why I wanted some information on the plastic. The group I was playing with yesterday had never even heard of the River.

Were you living uinder a rock by chance for the past few months Mr Biker? Good to see you back though.

6 months ago, my employer marched all the drivers in the room and told us in 6 days we would no longer be employed there, and a contractor was taking over, and we could work for him, or leave. So, after 11 years there, I lost my pay, my benefits and insurance. Well, I did some mad running round, and got hired on where my brother works, 10 days later, working for an industrial gas plant, knowing not a damn thing about the gas business. Well, 6 months later, and tons, and tons of training later, I am finally able to slow down and take a breath, but its been overwhelming . That is one reason I havn't been here, because I have been going from working at night , to working days, and going through tons of training.

The good news is , I don't work every Friday night anymore, so I can now play on Saturday mornings, which has been great. I plan to play in a ton of tournaments next year, now that I have the time to do it. So, that is why I havn't been here in the last few months.

Latest posts