• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Roadrunner/Sidewinder Thread!

DONT FORGET TO POST WHY YOU VOTED!

• Roadrunner

Votes: 48 41.4%
  • Sidewinder

Votes: 68 58.6%

• Total voters

JesusShoes

Birdie Member
Please vote for which you like and PLEASE POST WHY YOU LIKE ONE OVER THE OTHER!

I am in the process of learning the roadrunner and it just seems to not want to stay in the air.

One of my buddies said he heard a Pro saying one time that the Roadrunner is better for rolling than flying and that the Sidewinder is better for flying than it is for rolling.

My sidewinder is my roller disc. My roadrunner is my flying disc ><
Although it's weird because my sidewinder turns over faster than my roadrunner. I used to be able to throw the sidewinder but now it's just toooooo flippy. Would still choose sidewinder over roadrunner, I just need a non-beat in sidewinder for air shots.

I recently lost my sidearm (threw my shoulder out) so I am having to learn to turn discs over with my backhand......

Can turn most discs over on approaches but with a lot of snap and speed i can't seem to get them to stay in the air :(

My sidewinder is my roller disc. My roadrunner is my flying disc ><
Although it's weird because my sidewinder turns over faster than my roadrunner. I used to be able to throw the sidewinder but now it's just toooooo flippy. Would still choose sidewinder over roadrunner, I just need a non-beat in sidewinder for air shots.

hmmmm good to know.

I really like my roadrunner but haven't really given the sidewinder a chance yet.

Roadrunner is the only one of the two I've thrown. Champion plastic has a perfect anny right out of the box. Love it.

I have 2 sidewinders, great disc for a hyzer flip. Not sure I could throw anything less stable though, I have a tough enough time keeping the sidewinders from going roller. I have a friend that bombs roadrunners though, he says he just takes a bit off the throw.

I absolutely loved my Sidewinder when I was throwing in the 250-300' range. Although, once I started getting more distance on my throws, the disc just became too unpredictable. I have a brand new Roadrunner that I'm trying to learn the hyzer-flip with. It's a hit and miss affair and I only use it in field practice as I'm not confident enough in that shot to use it on the course yet. So my vote goes for the Sidewinder even though I don't currently use either disc on the course and one day when I learn the hyzer-flip I'll probably be changing my vote.

The Roadrunner is a god! I like it best in star plastic because it seems a little more overstable then champion, I have a 175 for slight turns, a 167 for moderate turns and a 162 for big anhyzers/rollers. I like putting a bunch of hyzer on it and watching it flip over, just awesome.

Well, the Roadrunner gets a slim lead 7-6 with my vote!
I have had both, but currently only use a Roadrunner which has become one of my favorite turnover/hyzer flip drivers. Very smooth and reliable, great glide and distance.

Both discs are best in Champion plastic IMO.

Sidewinder is a nice hyzer flip disc for me, my gf loves her champ and star roadrunners.

I own both and I throw both, but I use the sidewinder for long tight wooded holes that have to be really straight and I cannot rip one, like when there are trees right off the tee and I have to be very precise. The Roadrunner I use for long anhyzers.

I recently lost my sidearm (threw my shoulder out) so I am having to learn to turn discs over with my backhand......

Can turn most discs over on approaches but with a lot of snap and speed i can't seem to get them to stay in the air :(

Get a Discraft Stratus. Also a Soft Magnet will hold an anny approach really well. That is one of the reasons I carry a Soft Magnet. My Titanics are great, but they are not that great on anny approaches. That is the only thing they are weak in and the Soft Magnet picks up the slack.

I prefer the Roadrunner. I always found the Sidewinder to be too unpredictable. It did just want it wanted to.

Sidewinder was one of the first discs I ever bought, in a pack of 4: Starfire, SW, Cobra, XD

and shortly lost it thereafter. but i loved it. haha

I vote Roadrunner ~ I've never thrown a Sidewinder

My Roadrunner "Elvis" pulled in $50 for CLP in an Ace Race Throw-Off last weekend at The Aquafest Open in Lake Stevens, WA

Attachments

• 232323232fp53675_nu=3276_38;_262_WSNRCG=323_755752_97nu0mrj.jpg
    232323232fp53675_nu=3276_38;_262_WSNRCG=323_755752_97nu0mrj.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 13
I like the Sidewinder since it's a little more stable and tougher to screw up. It's my favorite disc on non-windy days.

I still use the Roadrunner, especially if there's a tailwind, and it would probably be a good roller disc.

Of course, I'm at altitude, so everything flies different here.

I could only keep my RR airborne when I had a noodle arm. Now, if I release my sidewinder with just a little hyzer...huge hyzer flip. It will go wayyyy right, but I can trust it to come back, unlike my RR.

Latest posts