• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The SFD true Distance (This Summer 2014)

How far will I throw during this event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know, I like your responses. No matter how much crap talking you get you still keep your cool. My only advice is that you might need to phrase things in a way where you come off as confident rather than cocky. It's not your fault, a lot of your generation is the same way.

Hell maybe every generation was the same way and there just wasn't the same kinds of visible outlets for everyone to see it. Maybe most careers beat you down to a point where getting food on the table is more important than being self centered and being spiteful is our answer. You have been respectful to the negativity(even mine) and I hope you crush it. Lord knows you throw farther than me.

I blacked out, what just happened?

if you know the disc's flight path deviated from the straight line connecting point A and point B, and that it passed an intermediate point C not on the line connecting points A and B whose distance from line AB can be measured, you can calculate the minimum distance AC+CB that the disc must necessarily have traveled, which will necessarily be longer than the straight line distance AB, and therefore necessarily be a more accurate measurement of the distance the disc traveled.

Yes but there is no way to accurately determine the location of the C point thus its guessing. In mathematics you can't make guesses and try to pass it off as accurate.

That video is awsome. Did you write the music for the Stiletto Video? Nice!

I mostly compose Classical music and I compose on a higher level than I play:wall: but I also write pop songs and rock songs/themes.

I'll probably write a music theme for the SearchingForDistance video if that's one thing you're asking.

And Thanks for the support:thmbup:

Yeah I'm guilty for Stiletto. The video was unauthorized, shot on our lunch break, and it was overall a terrible video when I got to editing it. Figured I'd just blow it out full stupid. Not even the kinda music I listen to much less create! My wife was mortified that I could do it so convincingly :)

Definitely give us the full experience with some original music that resonates with the flight :D

Yes you can, it's called statistics.

What? Statistics first of all have nothing to do in this situation and second of all statistics are still based on actual recordable numbers.

In this situation the guy is guessing pure and simple. This isn't something that is debatable, it's factual. I'm not trying to call him a liar or debate the nuances of this. Any mathematician would agree with me on this. You can't say you know what the points on a parabola plus the height traveled along the flight path is based upon visual determination that is then later on determined on google maps. The variables are way to enormous to come to an accurate conclusion. You can say I think it was this, but that is not a mathematical conclusion, it's a guess.

i didn't find the appropriate option for the poll: Driver 50-100ft. Can you add that is please so I can vote about how amazing you are?

but since that comment was rude, I voted in the poll anyway :)
I vote you throw a Zephyr (or other superclass disc) for distance - its more fun than you might initially think!

I can tell from the video of you throwing the xcal you can bomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBKGxDgCDW0&list=PLBEF0C3D251BE1CFF

And that was 4 years ago. Your timing is probably even better now.

I can throw over 400 feet downhill too. Did it yesterday with a DX Viper on a golf course set up for a DG tournament, in front of (name drop) :| Yay... Like that guy said somewhere else in this thread... Banana

Edit.. Makes arm motion like truck driver pulling the Air horn..Toot Toot

Last edited:

Latest posts