• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The SFD true Distance (This Summer 2014)

How far will I throw during this event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SearchingForDistance

Birdie Member
Okej, so I know a lot of people want to see some video proof of me throwing Distance, and maybe I'll also show my short game. So, I have decided to make a Distance Video and I will measure a field with a measure-wheel and put some markers so that the Video shows the Distance thrown very well.

I will throw Putters, Midranges and Drivers (Mostly Latitude 64 Discs) and for the Maximum Distance part I will probably be throwing "Gold Line Halos" vs "Opto Air Halos".

I'm planning what I'll be throwing now and if you want me to throw something extra I'll make a list and pick those wanted the most by you.

text6616.png

Nice post. I've seen your distance claims in your Sig and in posts here and there. I think I've went to your blog before as well. I currently really enjoy the opto striker, and saint pro, and have a villain on the way. If love to see a vid of those discs as well as the halo.

I've heard the halo is comparable to a boss. Have you had a similar experience? My max golf line distance is a hair over 400. Thanks

Nice post. I've seen your distance claims in your Sig and in posts here and there. I think I've went to your blog before as well. I currently really enjoy the opto striker, and saint pro, and have a villain on the way. If love to see a vid of those discs as well as the halo.

I've heard the halo is comparable to a boss. Have you had a similar experience? My max golf line distance is a hair over 400. Thanks

I don't know if it's just me but I think that the Boss is a bit more stable in the air than the Halo but other than that they fly almost quite the same.

I hope and think this video that I'll be doing will become about 15-30 minutes long :)popcorn:) and really show everything I do during the throws and also some slowmotion on the longest throws.

400ft thats nice, keep them flying.

(All discs Suggested will be added to my list and the "most wanted" discs will be chosen)

LOL.....I don't think anyone really cares. Your "How awesome am I going to be?" poll cracks me up

LOL.....I don't think anyone really cares. Your "How awesome am I going to be?" poll cracks me up

This is mostly for myself to see how I stand and for those who want to know how far I throw or just want to see some distance throws with different discs.

The poll is just for others to bet on how far I really can throw because I have no video where you can see me throwing 400-500ft.

And the poll/result is also for seeing how much you really gain with Midranges over Putters and Drivers over Midranges.

On YouTube there are maybe 3-5 videos where you can see Distance competitions or Distance throws measured and this video I will be making will increase that number by ONE and give people one more Distance Video on YouTube to watch and maybe learn how some discs fly.

If you think nobody cares and that this cracks you up, then, thats what you think and I think thats really sad.

Star Katana and Champ Tern, Both about 165. Have no idea on how far you will throw. So bring it on!

Star Katana and Champ Tern, Both about 165. Have no idea on how far you will throw. So bring it on!

I have wanted to test the Katana (on a field) and I think I have tried it on my home course once when I borrowed my Dad's Star Katana but I did not really give it a fair throw back then.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INNOVA and Discraft have some crazy high speed discs like the Nuke, Crank, Katana, Groove, Tern and many more. I would like to test all Crazy Drivers but that would take forever.

When I have decided which discs I will throw I will buy those discs that I don't have so please come with more Suggestions and it can be any disc you want.

In total I'll be throwing maybe 4 putters, 4 Midranges and 4-7 Drivers. The discs stability will range from understable all the way up to very overstable

Last edited:
Here is a quote from one of your blog posts:

"Used google earth to measure on of my throws from last year and it said 470ft wich is a straight line but the disc itself traveled around 515 ft.The disc I used was a champion Boss 173g"

So are you counting the flight path distance as 515ft? Or are you saying the Google Earth measurement was incorrect based on some form of measurement taken on site?

If we get to count flight path, my 350ft spike hyzers "travel" around 500ft.

Here is a quote from one of your blog posts:

"Used google earth to measure on of my throws from last year and it said 470ft wich is a straight line but the disc itself traveled around 515 ft.The disc I used was a champion Boss 173g"

So are you counting the flight path distance as 515ft? Or are you saying the Google Earth measurement was incorrect based on some form of measurement taken on site?

If we get to count flight path, my 350ft spike hyzers "travel" around 500ft.

I like math so I just wanted to see how long the disc flew by measuring the curve of the total flight.

The throw was 470ft according to Google Earth and the 515ft was just the part I wanted to know for myself and I did not say that I threw the disc 515ft.

What I learned from this is that if you want a wider curve on the disc flight you'll have to make sure you gain distance on it. Or else you could just throw dead straight and get the same distance.

TeeBird please.

In another thread discussing flight numbers, one suggestion that made a lot of sense was for all manufacturers to rate a teebird so their rating systems could be compared. Let's get that started.

TeeBird please.

In another thread discussing flight numbers, one suggestion that made a lot of sense was for all manufacturers to rate a teebird so their rating systems could be compared. Let's get that started.

So A Teebird vs discs with the same flight numbers from other manufacturers to see how they compare to the Teebirds Numbers.

That sounds interesting. I added the Teebird to the List:thmbup:

How many discs shall we put against the (INNOVA) Teebird? Maybe some from these: Discmania, Discraft, Latitude 64, Westside, Prodigy.

These are the ones I have chosen.

4 Putters: Pure,
4 Midranges: Core,Buzzz,
4 Drivers: (Teebird vs same number discs)
4-7 Distance Drivers: Halo

Your suggestions will be added to the list. What I need is some more suggestions on putters and Midranges and many more suggestions on Drivers.