• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The spotters thread

The only tounament i have spotted for is the memorial. They only need spotters for the water holes to determine if the disc went in bounds before going back ob, or just straight ob. If you manage to lose your disc other than in the water on those courses, thats impressive right there.

I put up a fight, I had a blast, that was my first time playing with a gallery, what a trip that was, so much fun.

Damn island hole(s)... give me the hole straight up, I'll park it, tell me it's an island, F if I remember how to throw :\

Question for spotters with green and red flags... Why do You always seem to delay the green flag and get me nerves, but when I'm not in You wave the red flag like its the end of a nascar race lol?

Question for spotters with green and red flags... Why do You always seem to delay the green flag and get me nerves, but when I'm not in You wave the red flag like its the end of a nascar race lol?

Just to mess with you. J/k. My take is that spotters would wait until the disc stops so they make te proper call. I usually spot at water holes where the people have to drive over water off the teebox. When it is obviously OB short of an eagle swooping down and placing it back in bounds, I just raise the red flag(I don't understand the nascar flag wave either). I wait until the discs stops and settles in bounds before raising the green flag. I have seen times where the disc lands in bounds, but a bad landing equals a skip or roll into water or other OB. Long story short, I would rather make the right call a bit later than make the wrong call prematurely.

I aspire to Spot at tournaments. I got a one-off spot at the Masters for Matt Bell, and he even said thanks and said it was a great spot because he would have never looked there on his own. I just need more free time to be able to volunteer some of it for the course. And they will probably make me drive the Bus instead :)

I spotted during the PFDO 2 years ago when it was an NT event and the pros played their rounds at Deer Lakes. I took #6 in the AM and #13 in the afternoon, and had OB run-ins with Feldberg on BOTH holes. Memorable.

Latest posts