• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Three Disc Challenge

Really? I threw mine 400ft yesterday. Throw it hard with a slight hyzer and it will flip flat and sail out straight and far. Doesn't fade too much either.

I will have to try it for a couple mid shots and see how it does. The Z Stalker is a great disc!

Yeah. I throw my rocs around 300' and my stalker around 350' I generally reserve my DX Teebird for that kind of shot.

But yes I love my Stalker it's a fantastic disc.

Soft Wizard 175g
DX Shark 168g
X-Cyclone 175g (just bought it but it is my new favorite)

Everything else in my bag is supplemental to these three anyway, covering 90% of my shots or more. Teebird is for hard left turns because I can't flip it (yet), Viking is for long right turns or a few more yards of extra D (especially in tailwinds), Gazelle comes in when I need a shorter right turn or powered down straight shot, Aviar is barely ever used but could come in handy for a short finesse shot.

Last edited:
tough to decide.

1. Pro-D Banger GT
2. FLX Buzzz
3. Champ Firebird

I chose the Firebird for overhands, hyzers, sidearms and skips. I use and like the Stalker, but its not a good thumber disc for me.

for fun a second lineup that could be successful for me:

1. Pro-D Banger GT
2. ESP Wasp
3. FLX Surge

Really? I threw mine 400ft yesterday. Throw it hard with a slight hyzer and it will flip flat and sail out straight and far. Doesn't fade too much either.

I will have to try it for a couple mid shots and see how it does. The Z Stalker is a great disc!

400ft IS a longer mid....that's easily fairway driver range with a champ teebird or something of that stability. I can get my mids around 300-340ft- so he's right.

I can't remember if I posted on this thread before or not, but how it stands right now is perfectly clear to me. Star TL, FLX Buzzz and SS Voodoo. I already use these discs by far more than any other in my bag.

If I was forced

167 Champ Teebird
168 Z Stalker
175 Soft Wizard

I guess I'd be fine. I have a hard time powering down so i'd be hurting on anything from 180-240, which is alot of holes :/

175 champ teebird
177 elite z buzzz
175 1.3 omega ap aka aviar p&a

Innova Star Shark
Discraft Elite X XS
Discraft Elite X Avenger

I carry about 15 discs, really need to get out and play some rounds with these 3.

Innova Champ Boss
Discraft Buzzz ESP
Innova Champ Rhyno

Tbh I don't throw much more than this as is, I only own 7 discs, so I'd do ok

172 Discraft Z Flash
174 Discraft X comet
171 Innova DX aviar P&A

I use these for 95% of my shots anyway. The only switch i would make is an ESP buzz for the comet if it was windy.

Aviar P&A
Buzzz
Leopard

I had disc'd down to these three molds already... so this was easy. Of course I'd take my fave of each.

Latest posts