• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] The Westside Shield

Reminded me of a Challenger flight wise. On putts it had a tendency to drop instead of a floaty fall

Here's a profile of the shield on the left and a blend judge on the right. All I had time to grab and was near me. Still trying to catch up on work from when the power was off this morning. Stupid storms.

Shield is fairly flat topped and not overly deep. Feels slimmer than the warden but not as much as a Judge. That lip almost makes it seem beaded and I've never been a fan of those lips but these feel pretty good. Better than the Dagger does to me at least.

vg2c92.jpg

Here's a profile of the shield on the left and a blend judge on the right. All I had time to grab and was near me. Still trying to catch up on work from when the power was off this morning. Stupid storms.

Shield is fairly flat topped and not overly deep. Feels slimmer than the warden but not as much as a Judge. That lip almost makes it seem beaded and I've never been a fan of those lips but these feel pretty good. Better than the Dagger does to me at least.

vg2c92.jpg

Thanks Steeze. Definitely an interesting profile with the lip like that, but that kind of works off the similar lip the Swan has, so it makes sense.

I liked puttig with the Shield. Practiced some more with it today and I'm thinking I'll give it a go in the bag. I like the feel of the plastic and I like the "drop" at the end of the flight.

In my opinion, this is very similar to a Prodigy Pa-1. The only difference I could tell is that the Sheild may be slightly taller. I enjoyed the way it flew for short upshots and overstable putter drives, but I hated putting with it. I prefer a disc that doesn't have such a rounded edge on the bottom. My index finger didn't know where to sit.

I'm looking forward to the trilogy challenge this weekend in Edmonton, Ab. It will be nice to throw something other than Innova or Discraft. I'm hoping that the shield could be that off the tee putter i've been searching for.

Shield is not beaded, deep profile, and less overstable.
That lip almost makes it seem beaded

After reading these posts I had to take a second look at my Shield. The entire Trilogy Challenge the feel of what I thought was a bead was bugging me, since I putt with Classic Aviars. It certainly feels beaded, but looks more like a large blended bead.

After reading these posts I had to take a second look at my Shield. The entire Trilogy Challenge the feel of what I thought was a bead was bugging me, since I putt with Classic Aviars. It certainly feels beaded, but looks more like a large blended bead.

It's kind of unique. The warden you can look at and say for sure that's not beaded. The judge you can clearly tell and feel it's a beaded putter. The shield is being said not to have a bead but just that shape of it makes it feel like it is and if you drag your fingernail along it you kind of get that microbead feel. I don't really know how to refer to it. I'll stick to what westside says that it's not beaded but include the fact it has a rim lip to the design that makes it feel like it has one. Not sure how else to describe it to people who ask.

All of this^

That's why when I was putting them, I recalled when I briefly tried out the Challenger. The Chally has such a unique bead and rim shape and because of the Shield's profile it almost mimics that without physically having a bead. But I still stand by that this disc is the Trilogy "Challenger"

Throws a bit overstable for me. Wants to flex out of an anny, so s-shapes are easy to get from it.

Good feeling plastic & reliable flight. I hit some 40-50+' putts, but missed some 15' when my fingers hung up on the rim (I usually putt with zero medium Pures).