• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] There Can Be Only One!!!

Just curious, what are some of the discs that have won the one disc tournaments you are talking about?

I'm not sure on the order but I think the past few years....

Star xcal
Champ firebird
Champ tee bird (I think twice)

On a side note, the best score I ever threw at a local smaller 9 hole course was -7 with a gl vision.

A couple years ago I'd have been with the Roc crowd (or a Buzzz, they're very close), but nowadays I'd go along with the the OP (a GL River, 164g would be fine).

New D challenger stay in the middle and bang putts

178 BS Buzzz, nice and flat. I can fh it very well, so it's lack of anny/turn doesn't bother me.

Heavier, stable-ish, 10 or 11x Eagle X on a longer course or a heavier, juiced in pro mrx on a shorter course.

I played in a tournament like this a couple years ago. I played in the intermediate division and was the only player who used a putter. I beat even the open players scores (who used drivers) and took home a cool $180. The average hole length was probably around 300'.

Probably a zone because it can handle any wind and I can sort of putt with it, and it flicks well to cover the right turns. I can throw it almost 300 so most holes should still be parable.

An ESP Buzzz. It's decent in the wind, can fly a long way on a low line and one can shape pretty much any lines they want. Not perfect for putting but I think I could handle it for a day.

I do single disc rounds occasionally, and when I do I use the Buzzz. The Fuse is threatening its place on the pedestal, but I haven't thrown mine enough in different paths and throws to say that I'd use it in a tournament situation yet.

Windy: DX Firebird, 175g
Calm: Champ Beast, 169g, old mold or old Cyclone.
Short course (ave. length <325): SE Rhyno. Would be tempted to throw a beast D Wasp.

Putt with the drivers upside down.

I'm not surprised by all the Buzzz/Roc suggestions. There is a mention somewhere (in a discing down thread?) about these types of tournaments, and the person winning one by throwing a driver because they could throw it further than the others could throw their midranges.

Probably a zone because it can handle any wind and I can sort of putt with it, and it flicks well to cover the right turns. I can throw it almost 300 so most holes should still be parable.

ZonEsp probably my number one. Puttings not the greatest, little slippery in the chains. Definitely a plus on windy days. Wedge for a perfectly calm day. Does all well.