• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things you are tired of hearing on a course....or never wanna hear!

I love when people claim that their disc isnt a water penalty if they can throw from the water. WTF.

I do that!
I'll be waist deep in icy water. If your deperate enough to strip down to your boxers infront of everyone and go in the water and sit in the gross cold water until your turn you deserve to play it from the water (not in serious competition, just among friends). your penalty is coming out of the ice cold water in your boxers...:eek:

Things I don't wanna' hear on a course...

5. "dude, my disk bag was stolin from my garaje, can I burro a dolla"
4. "no we aren't looking for a disc, bro-man lost his stash in the leaves"
3. "did you guys hear chains, I swear I hit the basket"
2. "does that count as an ace?"
1. ""Hi I'm Tom Julio" :p

I wanted to change/add, but my time limit was up.

6. "Is that PDGA Approved?"
7. "No man it's a real rule, if you hit a tree and your disc goes backwards you can Mulligan"
8. "Are you sure you didn't see where the disc landed?"
9. "It's your go, my disc is way up there by the basket"
10. "UMM DUDE, THATS POISON IVY"

I wanted to change/add, but my time limit was up.

6. "Is that PDGA Approved?"
7. "No man it's a real rule, if you hit a tree and your disc goes backwards you can Mulligan"
8. "Are you sure you didn't see where the disc landed?"
9. "It's your go, my disc is way up there by the basket"
10. "UMM DUDE, THATS POISON IVY"

11. "Walking putts are illegal garbage."
12. "Excuse me sir, have you been drinking?"
13. "Stupid short tee pads" Usually uttered by me.
14. "I dropped a deuce on hole..."
15. "This course lacks Appalachian beauty" Sorry Dave242

App beauty. LOL!! Dude the first Mountain high elevation scenic course that I play, I will prob give it a 5. We barely have any hills in Louisiana:(

I'm guilty of this...

I really hate when people say "I'll take that"

Of course you will take that, it was your shot, you can't just shoot again..I don't know why but it really bothers me.

I have said it for years in ball golf too, only recently realized how stupid it sounds... If i catch myself saying it I'll usually follow it up with "well, cuz that's what the rules say to do..."

20. "i don't golf for chit, but i talk a mean game"
21. "i can put others down here with no fear of retribution"

"can you guys help me find my disc again" from the A hole who's already lost his disc 7 other times that day.

20. "i don't golf for chit, but i talk a mean game"
21. "i can put others down here with no fear of retribution"

I think you have moved from the course to the forum. So far the directed comments about Tom Julio and Dave242 have been in fun, not malicious or personal.

Talking while someone is putting/driving

Is this common among all disc golfers. I don't see this bothering the majority of the people that I play with. Actually comes across to me as being anal and "ball-golfish".

My son is 14 and can hit a 75mph fastball, a breaking curveball, and a dirty change up with a crowd of a several hundred talking, cheering, or whistling in the background. What makes throwing a disc so difficult when noise is present? Come on man!

Is this common among all disc golfers. I don't see this bothering the majority of the people that I play with. Actually comes across to me as being anal and "ball-golfish".

My son is 14 and can hit a 75mph fastball, a breaking curveball, and a dirty change up with a crowd of a several hundred talking, cheering, or whistling in the background. What makes throwing a disc so difficult when noise is present? Come on man!

Brilliant..

I'm sick of hearing my disc hit chains off the tee pad. Okay that's a lie. On the rare occasion that happens you won't hear me shut up about it for a round or so.

On a serious note, I'm sick of hearing people say "Man, I'm playing like s*** today" when its obvious that they may not be the best disc golfer in the world. Yes, I understand that people have bad rounds, but when its obvious you're not nearly as skilled as the rest of the group there's no need to be embarrassed. I actually enjoy playing with people who are better than me. Pushes me harder.

the fact that someone is talking means they probally arent watching you throw , to me that seems kind of rude and shows you dont respect the people your playing with enough to stfu and watch for 5 seconds just like they did when you threw.:)

Last edited:

Latest posts