• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

thinking about switching discs

indianawolf

i used to throw a champ monarch 170g till i lost it late last season i was thinking of trying disccraft this year cause i have never thrown one and i was wondering what would be a good disc that compares to the innova monarch & wolf any input would be great :wall:

This should probably be in the equipment forum.

The Monarch is kind of weird and I dont know that Discraft makes anything quite like it. Flight chart rating, I think a Spectra would be closest but I gotta say, not much love for either of these 2 discs.

As for the Wolf; I say Meteor

About the closest thing to a Monarch is going to be an Avenger SS. I don't think Discraft has anything more understable than that at those speeds.

I think the Meteor is going to be the closest to the Wolf, but it's only available in premium plastic. If you want one in Pro-D, try the Hawk .. it's going to have a little more fade than you're used to, but you may like it.

Predator, complete opposite of the monarch but man this disc is amazing great BH and FH disk!!! Or try the Lat 64 River.

I was thinking stratus for the wolf, but the wolf is a unique disc

I would stick with those two discs if thats what you like.

If you want to try discraft it all starts with the Buzzz or Comet. They're not direct replacements for the wolf, but they are great molds.

how about you use a monarch and a wolf if you like the monarch and wolf...

I'd check out a pro D buzzz, its a bit faster than a wolf, and just a bit more stable new, but it'll wear in to something close to a longer wolf.

There are multiple disc companies for a reason, so I hate playing the equivalent game - there will be similar discs, but molds are unique to some extent. You'll also be disappointed when the "eqivalent" doesn't fly like your other disc.

For Discraft, try out a Buzzz for sure, maybe even a BuzzzSS. I'd also suggest an XL.
If you want to give Lat64 a shot, which I would highly recommend, get a River or Fuse.

Indianawolf,

Let me be the first to welcome you to our site. Good luck on your quest for a new disc.

Latest posts