• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thousand Oaks, California: Work day on 11/14/09

zenbot

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
HI all!
Please come and help make history in the Conejo Valley as the first baskets set at the TO Disc Golf Course (Rabbit Flats?)!!!
Bring gloves, water, and an energy bar! (For those curious, adult beverages are OK in the park.)
The work shouldn't involve much digging, as heavy duty augers will make the holes.
Bring a shovel or 2 if you can anyhow for some backfilling…
I don't know how many baskets we will be able to get to, but I'm hoping that by the end of the day, all 27 will be in place!!!
Also, if you can bring a gas powered weed whacker, it would be helpful in a couple limited areas.
Shrub clippers, or those for small branches may be useful too.
Hope to see you Sat. Nov. 14, at 10 AM at the TO Community Park (next to the TO High School).
The course, (Rabbit Flats?) is at the far west end of the park.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE ADJACENT NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!
Please park in the Community Center parking lot, (and walk west).
Thx for helping make disc golf in Thousand Oaks a reality!
Mike Byrne
805/338.4921

27 holes? where are the extra 9?
i wish i could be there. have fun fellas.

18 for the big kids 9 for the little kids. Should be a fun start errr re-start of Disc Golf in thousand oaks.

I am always happy to hear of a new course being put in. I just got off the phone with the P&R director of a local city. He and I discussed potential for a new course north of Denver.

I hope all goes well for everyone. BRING WATER!!

We will have a tractor that day that I can operate so we can do a little landsculpting. Can't wait to get started on this. We will have other workdays and Eagle scouts help out over the next couple of months to get the tees poured and the other baskets placed. Anyone want to donate some trees?

We will have a tractor that day that I can operate so we can do a little landsculpting. Can't wait to get started on this. We will have other workdays and Eagle scouts help out over the next couple of months to get the tees poured and the other baskets placed. Anyone want to donate some trees?
I'm fresh out of trees but I'll try to come out and help whenever I can.

let us know how it goes this weekend. i can't wait to see this course when it's done.

try and get some pics too! please

so how did the work day go? what's the condition of the course now?

Latest posts