• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw like a girl

Great thread!

In my case, my "coach" is my son. He's helped me to improve my form to coax that extra distance out of my drives. I've adjusted things like my approach, release and follow through. How you grip the disc affects how it is released! Disc selection is important too. I, unlike Catrina Allen, can't throw fast drivers. I just don't have the arm for them. ;) I throw Leopards, Impacts, Classic Rocs and Aviar putters. Most are 150 weight with a couple slightly heavier in the 160s range.

Most tournaments I've played, there have been only two or three women playing. I should be in an Advanced Masters division, but with the lack of numbers, always end up playing in a general "Intermediate" division with women 20-25 years younger than I. Fun, but.... :wall:

I've learned that what I lack in strength on drives, I can overcome with accuracy of drives and good putting. Keep at it!

At golf, I mean. Not the communication with the girlfriend part.

:clap: #2

as for the OP, everyone else covered it pretty well...IN PERSON learning is drastically more helpful.

Latest posts