• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

tie dye video

Yeah mine has been in bottle for about 6 months. It should last, can't really see a reason why it would go bad.

what kind of dye am i supposed to use and what plastic dyes the best. please send me the info i would love to start dying my own discs. besides the ones you buy at the disc shop a kind of pricey.

squeeze bottles from Walmart come in two sizes 12oz and 16oz. rit comes in 8oz bottle. would say its a 50/50 mix or 75/25 mix ,and do you use acitone ?

I tried the 75/25 mix and it seemed a little runny still, i did use Ajax though instead of Dawn but that is only because I have one of those industrial bottles at home. The concepts came out great on mine, just didnt really get a deep color. it was kinda faint because it ran off so quick. I also dont have much control on the speed. im going to try an put a variable speed rolling switch in the line to also go along with the speed selectors on the fan to see if that will help some as well.

I have had a few messages about the speed control and the mix ratio.

For the mix just keep adding more Dawn until you get the thickness you want.

As far as speed At no point in time will you go past the low setting on the phone. With that being said really you will never even use the low setting. I simply turn the knob to on for a second turn it off wait for it to slow just a little then add the dye. Now from there you can hit it with another wuick burst of speed by turning the fan on/off real quick to spread the dye out more or you can just let it slow to a stop if you want the dye to not spread out as much.

Hope this makes sense?

thanks for the insight, my only problem is i have a push button fan and because it was so ghetto i have all the selectors inside the splash box, putting the wheel in line for me would just make it better for the speed control for me

That is normal. Rit has something in it when it dries it does that. I heard before there is salt in Rit but not sure that is 100% true but it would explain why that happens.

24 hours should be good. I either wait for it to crystalize or I will put it under a heat lamp to speed the process. Then just run it under steady water and rub the dried dye off and you are good to go.

An old record player works "OK", but it doesn't really spin fast enough to get the nice look that is in this video... For me however, it is perfect!!! They are one of a kind discs that I should not have any problems finding in the snow or anywhere else... :D

like is this just? what, you didnt do this over the weekend with this video because I saw this a long time ago. Unless this is you back then and you did a different video and got them mixed up, because....this video is older than a week...at least a couple of months....so...liar?