• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

time to get your groove on

Cool - I think we have similar styles ( I do the backhand/forehand thing past 400') but maybe our discs are at different degrees of wear. My Boss is definitely beat when compared to my groove or xcal. I did throw someone's new star boss, and I was *shocked* by how stable it was. Way more stable than any of my discs. Maybe I am underrating the stability of the boss.

yea I've never thrown a beaten in boss... I could see how it might loosen up though. I only throw mine on wide open holes for the most part, so it doesn't get beat up too bad. What plastic is your boss? I may look into getting a Pro plastic at a lighter weight 167 or so, maybe I could toss that sucker backhand. I can throw my R-pro 157g boss pretty good, but it just doesn't have enough weight to carry as far as I'd like it to.

I have a brand new star boss, brand new champ Xcaliber, and a fairly new 9/10 champion groove, all 175g.

When I first got my Groove it was like others have said a meathook. That thing would fly flat than dive bomb to the left like it was a kamikaze pilot. But since ive been banging a few trees (not on purpose of course) the groove actually flies really well for me. And every time I throw it you hear a whooshing sound which is pretty cool.

i had one as well, i loved it at first, with a 360 turnaround i could launch it about 400'. after it broke in tho, not so much of a fan, i ended up trading it for a boss [go figure]. the reason i traded it for a boss was b/c my bud throws one and i liked it, so i got one too, almost the same specs. star, 171, and wow does this disc need to be broken in before u can do anything with it. mine just fades so hard, almost like a max. still breakin it in, havent used it for my 'actual' shot at all, i just throw it as a 2nd to start the process of it gettin worn.

have one and don't have the arm for it (backhand anyway) but was farting around with forehand shots today and liked what i saw. guess we'll see...

from my experience...

having owned one, and talked to a lot of people who have also...

the Groove is a tease....
You read the write up, doubt your arm strength and buy this POS.

Unless you have amazing arm speed AND/oR a GREAT snap, it will hyzer (meathook) very strong at the end of its flight and kill your distance in the process. If you want a long version of a Firebird, you are in luck.

IF, you have amazing arm speed and a great snap you can get this disc to go far.... but.....
if you can do that, why not just go with the boss?

I tried the groove and shelved it within 1 week.
My advice... skip the groove and get a boss in the same weight as your Wraith. (Dont get the star plastic as it takes FOREVER to beat in *45 days and counting*... get the Pro or DX...)

Latest posts