• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Titanic

Declarkus

Double Eagle Member
There's not really a good Titanic thread, so here's some facts about this often overlooked putter:

Speed 2/Glide 2/Turn 0/Fade 2

www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/detail.php?id=3235094

The Titanic is made by Discraft for DGA using the Magnet mold and DGA plastic blends. It's slightly taller than a Magnet, making it more OS. It's in the same stability range as the Wizard, Challenger, KC Pro/McPro/BB Aviar, Envy, Sole, Clozer, JOKERi, and Dagger.
The D-Line Titanics are stiff, with a similar feel to KC Pro plastic.
Proline plastic is DGA's premium ESP/Star blend. Older Proline Titanics are hard and stiff, and the newer runs are softer, almost like FLX, but not floppy, just flexible.

D-Line Titanic is my main putter. They're good for about 1000 putts before they season into Magnet stability. They don't develop turn inside the circle, but my spush form relies on some fade to attack the chains.
I use Proline Titanics as driving putters, and for running the basket from around 75-100'. From the tee, the seasoned Proline has a slow turn when thrown at full power, but it still fades a little late when powered down. The newer Proline is perfect for laser drives out to 250'.

Who else bags Titanics?

Nice review, I do not bag titanics but would have no problem using them if I were dga sponsored or something. New Titanic/beat titanic breaker is a good combo.

Used to along side my Magnets - the few Z Mags I owned didn't fly the way I wanted them to, not to mention they've been OOP since '05. I prefer fewer molds so I wanted something that felt the same in my hand yet flew differently. ProLine Titanic and D Magnet were a hell of a putter pair and covered everything I needed with the help of a powered down Drone if necessary.

Legacy Clutch changed that. Slightly lower profile (more comfortable IMO and prefer the bump up in speed/down in glide), slightly more overstable, readily available in premium [driving] plastic.

EDIT: Premium Titanic and premium Clutch are comparable in stability, I was referring to my main putter mold Magnets.

Last edited:
Yeah they're great. A little overstable, not too beefy. They're definitely similar in shape to a magnet and they have superior glide, especially considering their overstability. Proline plastic is amazing too so that's a plus. If you like a Challenger or KC Aviar and would like to try something similar that is a notch more frisbee-esqe this is the disc.

Amazon has 175g Proline Titanics for $7.25 with free shipping over $35. I also snagged a "-167g" Proline Tsunami for $6.10

Let's keep this thread alive, I'm interested in them!!

Anyone who's thrown em let me know whats up w em.

They are great putters. I used them with great success for a period. If you've thrown a Magnet / KC Aviar you will feel right at home with the Titanic. I never drove much with mine but the d-line are $$ for putts and approaches.

They are great putters. I used them with great success for a period. If you've thrown a Magnet / KC Aviar you will feel right at home with the Titanic. I never drove much with mine but the d-line are $$ for putts and approaches.

I'm currently rolling with beadless aviars for putting, approaching (paired w a zone), and a Champ beadless for driving (which is a JK right now with this cold)..I'm thinking about going with Titantics /magnets for putting, either the ESP titantic or some LE mags for upping under 250ft, and then LE mags or some type of titantics for driving under about 320

^Which LE Magnets? I'd suggest against trying to hunt them down.

Current run Pro-D (or D Titanics) will pair quite well with a ProLine [ESP] Titanic.

^Which LE Magnets? I'd suggest against trying to hunt them down.

Current run Pro-D (or D Titanics) will pair quite well with a ProLine [ESP] Titanic.

I've got a guy who has like 8 Glos, and a pair of pink Le Glos, which i'm planning on buying off him after Christmas.

based on guys I know who throw them, they last forever. i'm not opposed to either though, which ever I get my hands on first honestly lol

during the summer I'll probably putt the D Titantics, i've heard they're stiffer than most magnets.

I rocked a Soft Magnet for a few years before I decided I wanted something more OS. I used a Warlock for about a year before it developed turn, and I went back to the reliable Soft Magnet. It was a great putter inside the circle, but I couldn't drive with it.

In my search for a driving putter, I actually really enjoyed a KC Pro Aviar for the week I had it. When I torqued it into the pond at Holler in the Hills, and the shop was sold out, I found a Proline Titanic on their shelf. It felt great in my hand, and my favorite disc, an old Proline Squall, was still in great shape, so I knew it would be durable.

It flies very similar to the KC Pro Aviar. I eventually found myself driving and putting with the PL Titanic. I found it didn't wobble as much out of my hand as the floppy Magnet, so I switched to putting with the stiffer D-Line Titanics inside the circle. The DLs are a tiny bit less OS than PLs, so a 170-172g PL flies like a 175g DL.

The Squall got me into DGA, but my profile pic (I lack the attachment skills) is the Titanic that began my transition to a DGA bag.

I've got a guy who has like 8 Glos, and a pair of pink Le Glos, which i'm planning on buying off him after Christmas.

based on guys I know who throw them, they last forever. i'm not opposed to either though, which ever I get my hands on first honestly lol

during the summer I'll probably putt the D Titantics, i've heard they're stiffer than most magnets.

PL Titanics are much easier to come by, but they rarely sell for less than baseline plastic. $7.25 is a small price to pay, and they'll get it to by the weekend to test. If you don't like it, you could probably get someone to give you $10 for it, and PIAS usually gives $4-5 trade in for premium discs.

With DGA's release of the new Steady putter, the temptation to try it has been huge. With the weather keeping me off the course, it's taken some serious restraint to avoid making an impulsive putter purchase.

But now that I've gotten back on the course, I am fully committed to the Titanic, and I feel silly for ever considering the change.

I've stripped my bag down to just one D Line Titanic. It's a great driving putter, I'm confident with it inside the circle, and I'm beginning to become lethal inside 100'. I also no longer wonder what to throw or waiver between approach discs.

For me, it's the perfect combination of OS, range-able glide, and versatility. I could probably find a similar putter, but it would take 1000s of putts and years of practice to get as familiar and comfortable as I am with the Titanic.

Good for you, restraint and disc golf are words that often don't go together. I had a titanic a few years ago that I didn't really give a fair shot, one of theese days I'll pick up another one to try out again.