• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Toboggan Course - Still Open?

reggaB

Bogey Member
Anyone know if the toboggan course is still set-up?

Going to be in town today and thought I might try to get out there.

Anyone know??

Thanks,

Mike D

I highly doubt it. It was scheduled to be closed back down right after Am Nationals June 8th and 9th. I don't know for certain but I would advise making an alternative plan just in case.

Are the tee and basket locations still marked?

The tees are pretty eroded on most holes so you can tell where they are (they just put the fly pads in for the tournament so they're more defined). I hear the locals bring in their own baskets and play there even when the course is not in the ground. You can tell where the baskets were by the sleeves in the ground.

Thanks!!

I will keep with the original plan and hit Hudson Mills.

No problem, I personally love Hudson Mills (both courses), sounds like a great back up plan. :thmbup:

Toboggan is gone, but you could always play it to the imaginary baskets...

you should really check out Independence Lake (and review it) ;) . Just opened all 24 holes and it is in really good shape right now.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3096

Another great suggestion, was just there Friday night and got to play all 24 holes for the first time myself. Very fun course with a wide variety of holes, hard to go wrong with either selection. :thmbup:

My only minor gripe is the $9.00 park entry for non-residents. A little steep to play just one round, easier to justify if I go on the weekend and can play multiple rounds. Not that the Mills is much cheaper ($5 + $2).

I really wish Toboggan was opened longer...It would have been nice to have a chance to get out there

And just like that, it was gone...

My only minor gripe is the $9.00 park entry for non-residents. A little steep to play just one round, easier to justify if I go on the weekend and can play multiple rounds. Not that the Mills is much cheaper ($5 + $2).

Agreed, $9 just to get in the park is a bit much. As ejvogie suggests hitting Hudson Mills and Kensington the same day to piggyback your $7, you can use your Indy Lake park pass to get into Rolling Hills the same day (same park system) - stretches your $9 further.

Use your parking pass from Hudson Mills and play Black Locust. 24 x2 at Hudson Mills + 27 at Kensington = 75 holes of awesomesauce.
That can be a grueling 75 holes on a hot or muggy day. Those last 9 at Kensington aren't fun to play when your wiped out. Suggest anyone doing this start with holes 19-27, then play 1-18... flows just as well.
Heck, you can even drive out to Stony Creek and play another 27 for 102... if your're some kind of masochist.

Last edited:
Agreed, $9 just to get in the park is a bit much. As ejvogie suggests hitting Hudson Mills and Kensington the same day to piggyback your $7, you can use your Indy Lake park pass to get into Rolling Hills the same day (same park system) - stretches your $9 further..

Indy pass is good for Rolling Hills? Thanks for the tip Bogey! :hfive:

I must confess I have yet to play at Rolling Hills, despite its nice ratings and great word of mouth reviews. Now with this knowledge I can maximize my $9.00 and make a day of it. Nice! :thmbup:

Latest posts