• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Pros This Year

Does Ricky ever get noticeably upset with a bad drive or a bad putt?

Yes. Sometimes he'll stare at the basket after a putt bounces out. He'll pick up his mini in a huff, and grab the disc out of the basket after his made putt in a huffy way. Not that he's alone in doing any of that...

Don't think this is true at all. But like you said, Ricky has just elevated his game a couple notch or two.

I can see the point about Paul being 'less focused'... his course management last year was not as good as in the past (more OBs is one example of that). Calling it 'less focused' might not be the very best term for it, but I understand the idea that was being expressed.

I do think Ricky was way more motivated, possibly by Paul's disparaging comments at the beginning of the season as well as repeatedly being solidly beaten by Paul in tourney after tourney. Ricky tremendously improved his (already good) putting game, and his course management was good, even conservative at times. Was he 'focused' as part of that motivation? Better believe it...

Don't know. Maybe Paul will chime in and tell us what he thought of his play last year.

Don't think this is true at all. But like you said, Ricky has just elevated his game a couple notch or two.

I'll accept the notion that Ricky elevated his game.

Perhaps Ive misunderstood your intent but... People spend too much emotional effort on the concept that [angry voice on] Ricky beat him because he was better! [angry voice off]

Ricky, beat him, fair and square. World's was the measure for me for sure. Whether Paul was distracted is part of it. To win at that level takes focus. The guy with the most has beat the other guy in that area. It isn't a cut saying well, Paul wasn't focused. It's a high level compliment saying, Ricky had more focus. At least for me.

And as usual, SD beat me to it. :)

Don't know. Maybe Paul will chime in and tell us what he thought of his play last year.

Perhaps, and if Paul says he wasn't distracted I wouldn't cross him. I like has presence here. But BW, and even more so, growing his brand, quite well thank you, aren't items calculated to help ones focus.

BTW, almost every player discussed here is going to be at Gentleman's. Smash is there, and CCDG is there by Spin TV contract. Too cool. We should get a lot of info to generate semi informed debate. Thank the disc golf gods, or at least everyone involved.

I mentioned this last page, that Paul gets upset and tacos his putters, rolls them up like a burrito. But keeps a poker face like, I ain't mad :p

Paul vs Ricky in Open.

Paige vs Cat in FPO.

Anyone else can count themself lucky if they get a shot at winning a tournament once or twice this season.

Paul vs Ricky in Open.

Paige vs Cat in FPO.

Anyone else can count themself lucky if they get a shot at winning a tournament once or twice this season.

I think some might argue for Eagle. And if Simon returns to form, you never know. But P vs Ricky is the safe bet.

I think some might argue for Eagle. And if Simon returns to form, you never know. But P vs Ricky is the safe bet.

There will be the one offs and random winners at majors but they're going to have to do work!

Simon didn't ever seem to win the big tournaments although he was top card often. Just couldn't close the gap. I think eagle surpasses Simon this year or years to come. Both great players, really fun watching them play, all the time. They can pick lines that only a few other players are able to attempt.

There will be the one offs and random winners at majors but they're going to have to do work!

Simon didn't ever seem to win the big tournaments although he was top card often. Just couldn't close the gap. I think eagle surpasses Simon this year or years to come. Both great players, really fun watching them play, all the time. They can pick lines that only a few other players are able to attempt.

I think you're correct, but I wonder. Simon lost because he wasn't serious enough. When you're two strokes down and you pull out a 360 for entertainment purposes, and it goes ob, you're not playing seriously. Sometimes, an injury like this one gives perspective.

Of course, I wouldn't put money on it.

I do agree, it's one offs, but one should always keep an eye out for something... interesting.

IMHO if Simon can return to full form, he'll challenge the top two. Eagle will be right up there if he overcomes the blown lead in the Aussie Open.

IMHO if Simon can return to full form, he'll challenge the top two. Eagle will be right up there if he overcomes the blown lead in the Aussie Open.

Remind me what Simon had won the last few years. I do rememenebr the European open and ledgestone, what else

Remind me what Simon had won the last few years. I do rememenebr the European open and ledgestone, what else

There was also a tournament where he beat McBeth and Sexton in a three-way playoff, but I don't remember what tourney it was. I do remember the Ledgestone win, and it wasn't that one that I'm thinking of...

Simon won Konopiste last year.

Oops. That's the one I meant. Although the top touring American pros just weren't there, besides Paul. Maybe he hasn't won European open?

He's a top contender for sure. Anyone rattle off the nts he's won?

There was also a tournament where he beat McBeth and Sexton in a three-way playoff, but I don't remember what tourney it was. I do remember the Ledgestone win, and it wasn't that one that I'm thinking of...

It was the Nick Hyde Memorial event (April 22)