• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tournament Idea.... a challenge to the PGA

Chuckers v.s. Duffers Golf Challenge Format...

• Ryder Cup Match Play with a team of ball v.s. disc

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Best Disc/Best Ball doubles

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Traditional tournament with 2 rounds of each type of golf

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Worse disc/ball doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sorry about the previous post...I like the guy. He's cocky for sure, but he's got the talent to back it up. He told me some personal stuff that made me respect him a ton, though.

no problem, I know his personal issues as well. He's doing pretty good and won a bunch of events this year. He's gonna be bigtime real soon.

How about this -- everyone plays one round of each. You could even do it Ryder Cup style, with points for match-play wins.

How about this -- everyone plays one round of each. You could even do it Ryder Cup style, with points for match-play wins.

Sorry, my original post was a bit unclear- that's exactly the idea, each player will have a round of both sports and combined scores would determine the winner. Would be interesting to see if Woods or Michelson could throw some plastic, or would a pro discer with a decent golf game take it?

Would love to see a match-play challenge as well.

Here's my fantasy line-up:

Ken Klimo
Nate Doss
Niko Lecastro
Feldburg

v.s.

VJ Sighn
Tiger Woods
Phil Michelson
Jim Fuyrk

I like the idea, it would definitely raise the profile of professional disc golf. Don't know if any ball golfers would go for it though, but it'd be something cool if the PDGA would pursue it.

And as far as the lineups, go with four players who play both sports and play at least one of them at a professional level. Brad Hammock comes to mind; he's won the PDGA Worlds in the Masters division and is also a very good ball golfer. Then I can't remember the name, but there is also a PGA touring pro who recently took up disc golf. We need those types of people on board. I also like the idea of having a senior and female player of the team (maybe even a collegiate player :thmbup:).

I like the idea, it would definitely raise the profile of professional disc golf. Don't know if any ball golfers would go for it though, but it'd be something cool if the PDGA would pursue it.

And as far as the lineups, go with four players who play both sports and play at least one of them at a professional level. Brad Hammock comes to mind; he's won the PDGA Worlds in the Masters division and is also a very good ball golfer. Then I can't remember the name, but there is also a PGA touring pro who recently took up disc golf. We need those types of people on board. I also like the idea of having a senior and female player of the team (maybe even a collegiate player :thmbup:).

Throw enough $$$ their way, and they'd do it. Unfortunately PDGA doesn't have the sponsorship muscle to get the big bucks, but maybe the PGA would throw us a bone.

Bubba Watson plays both sports. I have been thinking about trying to get some people to casually play a couple of rounds like this, one golf and one disc golf.

We should have a team of baseball players vs a team of football players. They would each play their own sport and whoever does best would win.

Sorry, my original post was a bit unclear- that's exactly the idea, each player will have a round of both sports and combined scores would determine the winner. Would be interesting to see if Woods or Michelson could throw some plastic, or would a pro discer with a decent golf game take it?

Would love to see a match-play challenge as well.

Im pretty sure if you threw me in I would help whichever team I was on out because I am decent at disc golf (915) and a low digit handicap golfer (4).

I think if you did this you should have Bubba Watson who is a PDGA member and then find a disc golfer who is a good golfer too . . . I have not heard of any disc golfers being good golfers.

How about the Uconn Women's B'Ball team vs the Patriots?? All New England matchup. They can play a football game first, then the basketball game. That would be a true classic. Or two, maybe. Wow, this has been 2 minutes I'll never get back. Goodnight.

Let's get back on topic...does anyone else like the idea, and who would you think would take it- a baller or a discer?

unfortunately i think that the baller has the distinct advantage here. i think we can all be honest that ball golf at it's core is far more complex and difficult than disc golf. just in the very beginning phases. perfecting both take a long time and a lot of skill, but just hitting a golf ball consistently is a pain in the ass...throwing a frisbee is something everyone has a basic idea of how to do since the age of about five. throwing a disc is based on this principle (before anyone kills me on this, i know it's different.), so i think that it would be easier for a person to pick up disc golf faster.

Dave Steger used to run an event like this at Pohick bay called Golf, Golf, Golf. (Putt-Putt included)
The ball golfers usually took it for the reasons mentioned by douglat2 in the previous post.