• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Trilogy Challenge 2016 discs

trilogy thrillogy

I own all of westsides discs released up to now, except the catapult and longbowman. I am looking forward to throwing these new releases, but then, I am an addict, so.....
while westside may lean towards understable for most big arms, for a guy my age (46) with no cartilage left in his throwing shoulder and a chunk of bone 19x16 cm floating around in that same joint, all but their fastest discs are great for me. stoked to check out that dd putter, too. can't wait!
everyone...have a blast at your trilogy challenge. best of luck. have fun!

Marshal is 3,4,0,1: So slightly more stable than the Judge and a tad faster.
Since the first pictures of the Marhal came out I immediately thought it would be the DD Shield. All the videos and these ratings seem to support that.

I will probably give it a go as I like the Shiel, but find it a bit glideless. Could be room for both.

Other Trilogy discs sound like a good fit for the event, but not really filling any gaps in my bag.

EDIT: I think that the speed on Judge and Marshall is way off as they are faster than Shields and Macanas. Not sure where they came up with those.

Where we are having our Trilogy Challenge, I just cant really see where I could use the Falchion other than as a roller...especially if there is wind. Unless it comes out significantly more stable than advertised, I dont think it will get much airtime for me. Looks like a pretty good understable fairway driver though. Call me crazy, but Im trying to put up at least a halfway decent score at this thing...I just see the Sling and Marshal being more useful for me.

EDIT: I think that the speed on Judge and Marshall is way off as they are faster than Shields and Macanas. Not sure where they came up with those.
Actually meant to say that Judge and Warden are way off. Marshal seems to be in line with the Shield.

Played in the Trilogy Challenge today.

Marshall is stable, in that if thrown hard it won't really flip, but it does not have much fade to speak of. I had to manipulate the disc to get it to have the flight pattern I wanted, but I could trust that flight even when thrown with 250 plus feet of power on it. The bead is hardly noticeable to me, although I putt with Wizards and throw Judges, so to someone used to no bead at all they might notice it.

Sling is very similar in flight to the Marshall, but obviously longer. In fact, it was surprisingly long. On one of my first practice throws, I got it out to about 330, which is long for a mid for me. It really does have a lot of glide, and like the Marshall, the fade depends solely on how much or little hyzer you put on it. It does have a nice size bead on it, so that might turn some people off. Otherwise, I think this will probably be the standout of these three discs, although I threw the Marshall more because of the distances of the holes I played.

Falchion I can't really speak to much. I knew I would not throw it much if any, so only one practice backhand throw before the round and it was a terrible throw. The only other practice was and overhand shot which was fine but it was not a great disc for that type of throw (not that I expected it to be). I think I threw the Falchion three times during the round and all were forehand. Two were just outstretched get out of trouble shots and one to about 220 down a tunnel. Very little power on the throws so it did just fine, but I can't speak to forehands requiring more power.

https://www.facebook.com/TrilogyChallenge/
There are some videos on the facebook page, with Bobby and McCabe discussing each disc if you want some additional opinions.

I am so confused, i played a trilogy yesterday and the putter was the only disc that flew the way everyone has described.
I was sure to ask other players what they thought of the disc and i would like to share.

The putter:
for me and others was an awesome throwing putter and a terrible putting putter. the amount of terrible chain outs was ridiculous. I consistently threw this disc further than the mid.

The mid: overall a very straight disc for most players with a low glide, this disc was best thrown higher with a lot of power. brick was used a lot to describe this disc.

The fairway: good disc very versatile, more stable than what the reviews have said on youtube . All of our fairways were covered in oil and extremely slick.

The towels were cheap and thin and not the same towels you normally buy. overall i felt the player packs were a little skimpy and felt the disc to be very redundant and disappointing. The prize packs were skimpy as well.

I am so confused, i played a trilogy yesterday and the putter was the only disc that flew the way everyone has described.
I was sure to ask other players what they thought of the disc and i would like to share.
The putter:
for me and others was an awesome throwing putter

Based upon what all of y'all are saying, I'm getting very interested in the Marshal as a throwing putter...

Latest posts