• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tristan Tanner: Worth studying...

20 degree diagonal to the trajectory is probably optimal. Tristan is more like 40 degree.
m8Ntq28.png

Note how TT's front leg is still closed/stuck in the followthru and has to rise vertically because he can't pivot/rotate thru. Note how Simon and Drew front leg clears open and they "stay down" as they pivot/rotate thru. Tristan has a tendency to accidentally pull/hook his shots to the right and probably more susceptible to injury.
TW6m7S6.png

Ok, I think I see what you're referring too. I just don't always understand the terminology sometimes. I see how Tristan's upper body has come through the hit, and turned or "cleared" to the right, but his lower body/hips and leading leg are still sort of closed. At least compared to Drew/Simon/etc. Simon, Drew, and others have "cleared" their hips (or turned out of the way).

So is the only problem with what TT is doing a possibly injury? Or are there other major problems that this can cause the throw to be off in terms of distance/consistency/accuracy?

You say he has a tendency to accidentally pull or hook shots. Is that the problem that occurs the most often for TT, because of this hip problem? Or everyone?

And are there any other problems that can occur from not "clearing" the hips? And is he purposely not allowing his hips to "clear" or turn? If so why? It seems like it would be hard to not clear the hips. Like it would take a very concerted effort to do that? It feels like a very unathletic move and something that you would really have to try hard to NOT do. Very strange

Thanks

1. So is the only problem with what TT is doing a possibly injury? Or are there other major problems that this can cause the throw to be off in terms of distance/consistency/accuracy?

2. You say he has a tendency to accidentally pull or hook shots. Is that the problem that occurs the most often for TT, because of this hip problem? Or everyone?

3. And are there any other problems that can occur from not "clearing" the hips? And is he purposely not allowing his hips to "clear" or turn? If so why? It seems like it would be hard to not clear the hips. Like it would take a very concerted effort to do that? It feels like a very unathletic move and something that you would really have to try hard to NOT do. Very strange

Thanks

1. Injury and pull hooks.

2. Anyone that gets stuck like that.

3. He can't properly clear/rotate/pivot his hip because he's stuck from being over-staggered and/or too wide stance.

Latest posts