• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trying to get past 300

Alex.Kiras

I've been throwing for about a year now and I feel like I'm stuck at the 300ft mark. first two discs were two Teebirds and the last one that I threw was an Eagle X that probably went just over 300. This is the first time I've ever recorded my shot and I can see that I am not leaning into my shots enough. All advice will be appreciated, thanks guys.

Yes you are leaning backward. There's a lot going on there. You begin your hip rotation and arm pull before your weight has transferred to the front leg/hip. So everything before that is wasted energy and you effectively have no reachback. You need to work a standstill and improve efficiency, then a slow walking x-step, no running allowed. Your aiming setup at the back of the pad is off with your shoulders open.

I would completely agree with slowing down. you're almost hopping through your x-step. if you're entirely not comfortable with standstill driving (some aren't) walk through your x-step and really focus on your rip, wrist angle and snap and this will really help you focus on accuracy. the biggest arms may be able to really put it out there but there is no guarantee on accuracy.